Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis curve toolpath feed plane

Metals and materials

14 minutes ago, Metals and materials said:

Okay I might be doing something stupid but...

In 5 axis curve toolpath, in linking parameters, feed plane is set to 1.0 incremental. I am understanding that the tool slows down at feed plane and then plunges at the given feed rate instead of using plunge rate. However my machine goes boom with the part. AM i missing something? 

Why not add some entry/exit and make it arc into the cut?

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Metals and materials said:

So the thing is... it is doing in very first pass. After one pass, it goes all the way up like it is re-setting and then plunging directly in. Ideally the tool should be down . instead after each pass goes all the way up and hits the part with 25 plunge rate. 

Always use will then add entry and exit to every pass. Another thing is the pivot angle can be 180 to reverse the arc into the cut.

image.thumb.png.72bb7e94f277c5f96d7dcbe270884b84.png

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Always use will then add entry and exit to every pass. Another thing is the pivot angle can be 180 to reverse the arc into the cut.

image.thumb.png.72bb7e94f277c5f96d7dcbe270884b84.png

30 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Any chance you can post an example and we can help you directly?

Let me try with messing with above parameters. 

One thing that I would like to remove is THe code on left cycle32 till G01 Z-.4591. Is repeating throughout my 62 passes. Ideally I am thinking, it should be like after one pass, the tool retracts a bit, arcs in and goes down in z. Somewhere I am doing something wrong. It is giving SUPA X0 Y0 to move all the way up. 

39.png

50 minutes ago, Metals and materials said:

Let me try with messing with above parameters. 

One thing that I would like to remove is THe code on left cycle32 till G01 Z-.4591. Is repeating throughout my 62 passes. Ideally I am thinking, it should be like after one pass, the tool retracts a bit, arcs in and goes down in z. Somewhere I am doing something wrong. It is giving SUPA X0 Y0 to move all the way up. 

39.png

It is a Postability post. You need to use the mr8 to eliminate the SUPA moves between each cut in an operation. IF you don't want then between each operation when using the same tool then mr7 will have to be used also. Postability has video's and documentation explaining all of this.

image.thumb.png.c37cc688ee5d56f94539054e27819d16.png

• Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

It is a Postability post. You need to use the mr8 to eliminate the SUPA moves between each cut in an operation. IF you don't want then between each operation when using the same tool then mr7 will have to be used also. Postability has video's and documentation explaining all of this.

image.thumb.png.c37cc688ee5d56f94539054e27819d16.png

I see....... THank you SUPA is removed now. This was really helpful

• 2 weeks later...