Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t for james mayette and all cali people

TREV

quote:

__________________________________________________I commute from CHino Hills to Garbage Grove, errrr Garden Grove. I start at 5 and leave at 2-2:30. It's not bad with fast track

hello,

i did not want to hijack the thread i stole this qouye from so i started a new one.

my question is why do you all choose long comutes?is it housing ,geography,great jobs.

i have family that live in so. cal bonita to be exact.most of them work fairly close to home.the farthest being a comute into sandiego (that one is fairly long).

im not knocking any ones reasoning just curios is all.

i drive 22 miles each way to work,takes 1/2 hour during rush hour.i am considered to have a long ride by most people.

thanks for your time,

trevor

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Actually, I an temporarily here in Garbage Grove at one of our company's other facilities managing a pallet pool system. It's like 36 miles one way. Normally I work in Ontario, Ca. which is 9.25 miles from home. I hate commuting but with my hours the way theu are right now, it's usually like a 40 minute drive which is acceptable. The one harsh thing is that gas prices keep climbing. I refuse to commute anymore - except temporarily. The money is not worth it. I could earn another $20k or more if I worked somewhere else but it's just not worth it. Where I live, I'm at the border of Orange, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties, not a bad spot at all.

Trev,

quote:

i drive 22 miles each way to work,takes 1/2 hour during rush hour.i am considered to have a long ride by most people.

thats like a walk in the park biggrin.gif

I drive almost 86 miles one way, I leave the house at 4:30 and am here by 6:00 leave work at 4 and home by 5:30.

I couldn't imagine commuting like that to work - it's bad enough i work 7 minutes away from work tongue.gif . hopefully, i'll be able to find something closer, otherwise i'll have to think about buying a motorhome and living in the parking lot during the week. biggrin.gif

sorry guys, had to rub it in.

Trev,

Not yet, I am trying to get things going here,

I have quite a few hats on and not to much time,

enough to hang out here and play with X though biggrin.gif

As long as I got things set up by winter (the week that it lasts)I'll be good to go.

i belive the average commute is 45 minutes im lucky i live 9 miles from work ..my company moved to this location 7 years ago at the last location i was 1.2 miles from work and used to ride my bike to and from and home for lunch when we moved here i remember complaning about the commute i guess ill keep my mouth shut !!!!!GO FLYERS(had to get one in)hey bulliness hoping to see your flames in the cup finals !!!

chris,

quote:

__________________________________________________Can be 1 hour, can be 4 hours

you must have to get on the mass pike, correct.

thanks for all the replies .everyone.when i got out of school i had concidered a move to california. to be honest im glad i did not,now im leaning to eventually move my family up north.twards the adirondacks or white mountain region.i dont know if i could take the endless summers.id rather deal with black flies in may than heavy traffic on the interstate.

trevor

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...F__k you

Seems like there was a lot of this going on in CA awhile ago...

ROFL!!!!! No need to be tho thentitive. biggrin.gif LOL!!!!

I'm just glad it's not us for a change. cheers.gif Welcome to xxxx nation Chris!!!! You know, at least you probably have a chance of getting your stuff overturned, us... we pass a near 70% referrendum a few years back (and NOTHING passes with 70% here... trust me on this) vote to define marriage as between a man and woman. Who knows if the legislators will OBEY THE MASSES and make a constitutional amendment defining marriage the same way. They are all so freaking wacked in the head...

James teh stirrin' the pot!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

This is totally inappropriate.

I would really appreciate if you guys would consider what you are saying before posting it on an open forum.

Tomorrow I will be lucky enough to witness the marriage of my brother and the man that he has been with for the past 9 years. What Bill and Don are doing is not going to hurt you so what makes you feel the need to belittle them?