Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pan/Rotate over Remote Desktop

Zbuilder

Hi all, First time I'm working from home due to having a bad cold with lot's of coughing. IT dept set  me up with a laptop and Remote Desktop thru a VPN. Mastercam doesn't pan or rotate with the simple mouse I have at home. I'm thinking it's because Mastercam is not "seeing" the mouse at home and only the one plugged in to my office desktop. But strangely, the Pan/Rotate works the way I customized it in Mastercam with the laptop touch pad and buttons.

Is there a way to get this working that I don't know about besides using the Dynamic Rotation in the right click menu or the arrow keys?

• Zbuilder changed the title to Pan/Rotate over Remote Desktop
16 minutes ago, Zbuilder said:

The license is networked. No dongle.

Yes but if the session is actually running on the remote machine, it's behavior will be odd or bad...

Best is to run it on your local system in front of you and only pull the license off of the network.

Remote desktop is a BRUTAL way to have to program

• Like 1

JParis--- no problem for me doing a reboot if needed. We tried it and it works.

I have a pretty fast connection. Mcam & Solidworks pans & rotates at a nice smooth speed and a lot faster that I thought it would.

I've got Spectrum with 100 gb connection, tested at 70 gb.

I tried this setup but with a single license. May be the difference but, I would get about 7 minutes use before the license locked up the remote computer.. I had to move the license to the remote location and install software. Fortunately, I had already installed it.

On 2/27/2024 at 6:36 PM, Kyle F said:

When I am programming from home, just grabbing files off the VPN/network is slow, I can't imagine actually trying to run mastercam through it. My heart goes out to you lol

That's the infrasctructure of your company. If everything is setup the right way and both ends have a good internet connection, it should work plenty fast. Look at something like Geforce Now, you can even play games remotely where latency is really important.

The middle mouse button is a keystroke like anything else, it's just in the background...  Remote desktop will be using the local hardware's version of that keystroke, so if you have, say, a Logitech mouse with the Logitech software on your computer, but a 3d Connexion mouse with their software loaded on the other side, your Logitech keystoke isn't being received correctly by the 3d Connexion side.   

1st thing I'd try is to remove any custom mouse drivers on your personal computer and see if that clears it up.