Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Opinions please

gcode

22 hours ago, ogu79 said:

The all-mighty big programmers Go xxxxing read what the original question was! The all-mighty big xxxxing programmers, you all are so ignorant and do not even realize that you all do not have any understanding that even close to the operator and still mucking him! Shame on all of you! The common offset is handy in many cases, and all the machine builders keep that option. Yes, it has consequences, and you have to be careful, but every single touch on the CNC machines has that potential too. 

I did and if you read the topic is states opinions as such we are are entitled to have them. I have run and operated machines for most of my life I am not a cartoonist programmer. I speak from over 35+ years of hands on manufacturing experience. Develop the process and stick to the process and you have the best chance to be successful. Deviate from that process and the chances of a problem increase every step you get further away from that process.

Not sure why in the world you took it personally and started the name calling, but if trying to tear others down to build yourself up is your way then keep at it you seem to have it mastered. 

For the record I know I am no one special and never make the claim to be anyone special. We are all one all crap away from being the worst. I do know what I know and can back up what I know by letting my work speak for itself. I need to feed may family and keep a roof over our heads. I didn't choose this path it choose me so I am just trying my hardest to follow it and keep doing the best I can. You are some keyboard warrior, but how about stepping back and walking in some of our shoes and have to make some of the tough decisions we have to make then you might back up and realize my opinion is not picking on the operator it is what I think is the safest way to run and operate a machine.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ogu79 said:

The all-mighty big programmers Go xxxxing read what the original question was! The all-mighty big xxxxing programmers, you all are so ignorant and do not even realize that you all do not have any understanding that even close to the operator and still mucking him! Shame on all of you! The common offset is handy in many cases, and all the machine builders keep that option. Yes, it has consequences, and you have to be careful, but every single touch on the CNC machines has that potential too. 

Just checking - are you the machine operator at gcode's place who changed the Z global and argued with him to not change the tool length?

:ice:

• Haha 6
18 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

When I ask a question, it's not to waste time, even though it may feel like it. It is not to deflect anything. It is to get to the bottom of the issue as quickly as possible so the machine can get running again. More often that not, solutions are someone forgot something relatively simple. It's not a problem. I forget the simple stuff too from time to time. It's part of the gig.

It's rarely the complicated 5 axis toolpath that's going to bite you!  It's normally the fact that you fat-fingered subtracting -.020 from the Z origin, and accidentally told it -.2!  :)

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

It's rarely the complicated 5 axis toolpath that's going to bite you!  It's normally the fact that you fat-fingered subtracting -.020 from the Z origin, and accidentally told it -.2!  :)

Slykdexia rules KO!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/14/2024 at 4:43 PM, cncappsjames said:

When I ask a question, it's not to waste time, even though it may feel like it. It is not to deflect anything. It is to get to the bottom of the issue as quickly as possible so the machine can get running again. More often that not, solutions are someone forgot something relatively simple. It's not a problem. I forget the simple stuff too from time to time. It's part of the gig.

I run into problems with this from time to time. Some guys feel like you are accusing them of incompetence or smearing their reputation. "Dude, I just want as much info as possible, so I can correct the problem.". It's business, never personal.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

I mean it's entirely possible I am the ONLY guy on the planet that will forget stuff. Mmmm hmmmm. 

:coffee:

:rofl:

I forgot something once, but I don't remember what it was. 

• Haha 5