Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T The Act of Profiling . . .legal or illegal??????

Code_Breaker

History Test Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following Multiple Choice test. The events are actual cuts from past history. They actually happened! Do you remember...?

1. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by

a. Olga Korbut

b. Sitting Bull

c. Arnold Schwarzenegger

d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians

b. Elvis

c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

3. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger

b. The King of Sweden

c. The Boy Scouts

4. In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy

b. Pee Wee Herman

c. Geraldo Rivera

5. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American Passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

a. The Smurfs

b. Davy Jones

c. The Little Mermaid

6. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

a. Captain Kidd

b. Charles Lindbergh

c. Mother Theresa

7. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo

b. The Tooth Fairy

c Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

8. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

a. Richard Simmons

b. Grandma Moses

c. Michael Jordan

9. In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mr. Rogers

b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems

c. The World Wrestling Federation

10. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the Pentagon; the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by:

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd

b. The Supreme Court of Florida

c. Mr. Bean

11. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Enron

b. The Lutheran Church

c. The NFL

12. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

a. Bonnie and Clyde

b. Captain Kangaroo

c. Billy Graham

Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure that we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people.

They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning former Governors, and leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone because a very few believe that profiling is wrong.

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and other dunder-headed attorneys, along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel doubly ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such sense. As the writer of the award winning Forrest Gump so aptly put it,

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Funny how a fair percentage of the overall atrocities committed in the 20th and 21st century can be attributed to a certain segment of the world's population and we cannot use that information to make the world a safer place. Just sad. The thing I'm most sick over is that we as a nation give Constitutional rights to non-citizens. That just chaps my arse. I can GUARANTEE that if I do someting stupid in a foreign country and get caught I'm gonna pay big time, yet over here, somebody comes here, does something stupid and gets caught we are lucky if they get so much as a slap on the wrist.

Gloria Allred - she's a freaking Communist. She has a right to be stupid, but I think we as taxpayers should be able to make her and her ilk pay out of their pockets for all of frivolous lawsuits they file day in and day out. If the lawyers had to pay out of their own pockets for this madness how many few lawsuits would we see??

How right you are code breaker.

In December,I am going on a vacation trip that will require boarding a aircraft.

You can bet you sweet a$$ that if I even spot someone who resembles a muslim/wears a diaper on his/her head or looks like they are from the middle east,I ain't getting on that plane.

And guess what?

IDGAF

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Brendan,

Just get together with a few of the other passengers and tell the agent that passenger makes you uncomfortable. If enough of you do it, they'll kick 'em to another flight.

13. October 12, 2002. Guided Missle Cruiser The USS Cole Is docked port in Aden, Yemen. 17 USS sailors die when she is attacked by a motor boat packed with high explosives. The attackers were.

A. Those nasty cartoon kids from "Rocket Power"

B. Jimmy Huston and a bad xxxx Bass Boat

C. Paris and Nicky

D. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

the list goes on......

"What do you call 500 Lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A Good Start." We have way too many lawyers in this country. Also way too many doctors but not adequate health insurance. Go figure. Those who are in a position of power or influence have no common sense.

If I had been in the position of the lawyer who had a young Muslim male walk into my office and complain that he was being "profiled" and wanted me to do something about it, I'd have told him to go talk to his comrades and ask them to no longer commit terrorist acts and then maybe "we'll talk".

Like James said, if anyone committed any type of criminal act in one of the Muslim countries, it could be something as inoccuous as saying hello to a woman walking down the street, we'd be imprisoned and tortured and possibly killed for our perceived "injustice". If they do something heinous over here, what do we give them? The keys to the city.

banghead.gifbonk.gifbanghead.gif

Have we not learned our lesson from Sept. 11th, 2001? These extremists will show us no quarter, let's not give them any in return. Let's stop this "pussyfootin'" around. Let's perform a terrorist act on the terrorists and see how they like it. Something that will make them think twice or three times before they consider attacking US ever again.

Remember the history lessons in school and the "Don't Tread On Me" flag with a snake on it? It think it's time we re-instate that flag, maybe not as our national flag, but rather as a popular symbol of our resolve.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Don't Tread On Me... That's New Hampshire's flag Right???

+ a Bazillion to Peter. The time for diplomacy is over.

Check this out... anybody remember Muhamar Khadafi (sp?) leader of Libya?? Anybody care to venture the reason for his recent change of heart regarding his weapons programs??? rolleyes.gif Geeee, I think our pacifism is what changed his mind, or perhaps the years of diplomacy, or maybe just maybe the sanctions rolleyes.gif ??? NOT!!! It was because we put the "wood" to Saddam and put the rest of the world on notice that we're pissed and we're not sitting back anymore so if you harbor terrorists you could be next! Action is what they understand and is the only thing that will drive then back in the rat hole where they came from.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It has happened in the past. Don't know how effective it is today, but it's worth a shot. Then again you can always watch him like a hawk and when he does something "suspicious", sick the "dogs" on him, he'll be lucky to get off the ground that day after the FBI are done with him.

James teh brainstormer

Right on Code_Breaker. If you ever run for office you got my vote.

Have you notice that people working in technical fields using logic and math skills tend to be much more straigh forward and honest than others... at least when it comes to political and social values smile.gif

Mark

Yeah but more often than not then seems to get us in trouble. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Think the foots people and the need ot get a clue people all should be put in IRAQ for about one month. Now I realzie that only 1% might come bac kand would suck to be them but would be great if they all came back and really appericate this great country.

quote:

So who is to blame!!!!

That's probably why there are many frustrated people venting about "political correctness". The usefull idiots are right here in our midst.

I will never understand the tendancy to want to assign blame, (by both the right and the left), rather than just addressing the problem at hand.

And please don't apologize for stirring the pot Mr. Hardwick. It makes for good reading... cheers.gif

P.S. Cool website George!!!

Please dont misunderstand me ..

What I am saying is that we should be in a position to infulence these people (the ones

that come up with these stupid rules)Political correctness and the compensation culture are spoiling every aspect of our lives ,frightened to smoke a cigar incase we give someone lung cancer,told by some young girl ,just out of high school that you cant operate that machine without a guard, in case you cut yourself... Both your Country and ours are reaching the stage of the Lunatics running the asylum...Pleased you like the site.and no more Mr sorry....

George.

I am Muslim male between the ages of 17 and 40

here in the forums, a lot of talk about Muslims and Islam, as a muslim I know lot of this talk come from people that no very little about Musilim and Islam.

are you afraid of Muslims? do you have a problem with 1.48 billion Muslims?

yes you can go with other passengers and tell the agent that passenger makes you uncomfortable.

so, agin are you afried??

or have a problem in your head that you have to solve??

here is Israel, you all know the problem between the Israel and Palestine, do you belive that I have a very good friends from Israeli, they came to visit me at home, they where at my wedding.

we all have to know how to live with others.

I have a quasition here , is all the Israeli bad? I say NO, is all the Amirecan bad? I say NO.

so please next time you want to talk about Islam, be sure that most of the Muslim are good.

Salahuddin,

quote:

I am Muslim male between the ages of 17 and 40

quote:

Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

Please note the different in the two statements -- extremists.

Yet, at the same time the question that began all of this "Is profiling legal or illegal?" Unfortunatly, there are people in our government the are extreme liberals. They would rather inconvenience old ladies, war heros, dedicated servicemen, than to inconvenience others that, sorry to say this, fit the profile. If that particular "profile" meant me, then I would understand. Not like it, but understand. I think profiling, no matter what the situation, or who is included in the profile, should be use to help curve the unwanted activities.

Again, we are taking about terrorist and what profile has been establish. I am not against Muslins, but against terrorism.

quote:

so please next time you want to talk about Islam, be sure that most of the Muslim are good.

+1000 Salahuddin, and, thanks for your input and the reminder that not all Muslins are terrorist.

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Code Breaker,I noted the different in the two statements.

glade that you undrstood what I am trying to say.

I am against terrorism too, and I think all Normal people is aginst terrorism too.

terrorism will help no body even who make it

there is people in the leadership of every nation that live on war and terror, such people will move away only by stopping wars and terror.

just think with me , if you have a weapon factory, what you will want? peace or war?

I think you will make all what you could to make new wars all the time, such way you will live.

sad but true