Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Finish contour or Rough contour

Hosseinkhani

good day,

the way i have been told is the only diff between the 2 is a visual to see in your op manager.it is there so if you set up your op defaults you could always have the rough contour leave say .01 and a step down of say .02. therefore there would be no need to alter all your parameters.

hth,if i have been mis informed some one let me know. cnc you out there?

trevor

Might take a look at the Toolpath Configration C-hook for cutting flats areas with this toolpath. Seems like a very handy chook for this toolpath.

Here from help:

quote:

Use the Toolpath Configuration C-Hook to enable the option to add additional cuts to flat or very shallow areas of your surface toolpath. Once the option has been selected, create the additional cuts by choosing the Flats button on the Rough contour parameters or Finish contour parameters dialog box:

Mastercam already includes the Shallow option, which adds additional cuts in shallow areas of the part, but these additional passes are at different Z depths. In contrast, the extra cuts added with the Flats option are at the same Z depth, making them appropriate for perfectly flat areas or other areas shallow enough that different cuts at the same Z depth are within your application tolerance.

Might be worth taking a look at to get more use out of this toolpath.

Here is what it's name is in the Chook Folder.

The files for this C-Hook include:

¨ tpcfg.dll

¨ tpcfg.doc

¨ tpcfg.txt

Note: Your C-Hook might show more tabs and options than those listed here. Options not described here are for internal use only, and do not have any useful function for most users.

HTH

I used rough to finish accidently once as i was copying ops. and only problem i had was the tool kept hopping around. i think their right, finish just uses tighter math caculations. I notice rough seems to make toolpaths much faster probably for the same reason.

Thanks for that tip Crazy,

I was just using contour on a dome shape yesterday, and the shallow feature was not working so well...(especially on a perfectly flat area). I'll have to play around with that c-hook. Steeper areas it's great, and granted contour is'nt really designed for shallow surface angles, but it would be nice to have the flexibilty.

Hey, wa'nt there another thread recently about contour and steep/shallow?

thx!