Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

March Maintenance issues

Thad

I just updated all seats of MC to MR0304. I uninstalled MC, November Maint, Moldplus, and the UG translator. Then I deleted all remaining files in the MC folder, including the folder itself. I think that is a bunch of crap, BTW. There is no reason that I should not be able to "update" the software without going through all of this. This is something that MC has always been weak in, IMO.

Then I installed MR0304 from the CD, along with a patch for the NCI issue that was mentioned a while back. That was last Wednesday. Since then, Mechanical Desktop 6 (Power pack) will not work. All computers on the network run MDT fine, except the ones that also have MC installed on them. All worked fine prior to the update.

When running MDT6, an error comes up saying that it can't find a dll file. It's looking in the root Autodesk directory folder. After doing a search, the missing dll files were found in the Programs-Common Files-Autodesk Shared folder. We copied these files back into the root Autodesk folder and everything seems to be working fine now. These files are:

ac1st15.dll

acutil15.dll

acdb15.dll

acrx15.dll

sharedb15.dll

acdbENU.xms

What happened to these files? When unistalling MC and the others, I never got the message that there were shared files...what do you want to do with them?

This happened on Win2000 and XP Pro. Both seats are Mill Level 3.

Thad

Thad ,I never delete the previous versions of MC, NEVER .

Why to seek troubles ?

Rename it to MCold And install the new version .

You can always return to the old one ,maximum tweak registries a bit .

Teh backuping is my credo ,I make backup of everything .

I deleted ver 7 one year ago .

Teh Doominant

IIRC, the general consensus here is to uninstall, delete all old files, and start fresh with a clean install of MC. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

quote:

Do I sense a negetive aditude here?

Is my anger unjustified?

Thad

Thad !

~~~~~~~~~~~

Consensus = opinion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NO !

Consensus is the one solidaritive opinion of everyone

code:

con-sen-sus (kuhn sen'suhs)  n. pl. <-sus-es>

1. collective judgment or belief; solidarity

of opinion: The consensus of the group

was that they should meet twice a month.

2. general agreement or concord; harmony.

[1850-55; < L, = consent (ire) to be in agreement,

harmony (con- CON - + sentire to feel; cf.

SENSE) + -tus suffix of v. action]

Usage. It is a longstanding rule of usage that the

expression consensus of opinion is redundant and

that CONSENSUS alone conveys the meaning. Although

the redundancy argument is weakened if CONSENSUS

is taken in its earlier and valid sense of "

general agreement or concord, " the criticism

against this phrase has been so persistent that

consensus of opinion occurs only infrequently in

edited formal writing. The phrase general

consensus is also objected to as redundant.

HTH

WTHH

My opinion is, and always has been to update the old copy, not do a fresh install unless it is necessary. Yes a fresh install is nice, but mine is working fine after updating from sp2, so in this case it wasn't necessary. Heck, it kept all my settings and didnt even overwrite my mill9.txt, I think their routines are getting better.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I just keep adding. That way if there's issues, it's easy to revert back to what works.

For example, I have d:Mcam8, d:Mcam81, d:mcam811, d:mcam90, d:mcam91, d:Mcam912, d:mcam9MR03, etc... Yeah it takes up space, but with the huge drives of today... why not. Plus when QC issues arise, I can say "... It works in these releases but you broke it in this one...".

JM2C