Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Browser problems

JCLM

When I open up Internet Explorer it defaults to the wrong website. It also has about five different new websites in my favorites(all adult sites). When I look in my Internet Options the homesite has changed. I can delete these items and change everything back to what I want but as soon I restart my computer it is all back again. Does anybody have some ideas to fix this. Keep in mind that I'm am not a superduper computer wiz, so try and speak english and not computer! Thanks!

good luck.... biggrin.gif

I still have not been able to get rid of it.

But now that I am using Mozilla firefox,no more B/S

Get rid of internet explorer.

And stay off those pron sites...... cheers.gif

I have tried many 'o spyware prog's with absolutely no luck to get rid of it.

Just when I would think it was gone,bam.. it was back.

I am getting a new computer (again) and I will never ever let it see I/E

I'll propose two choices for you (and every other Microsoft Windows user).

Choice I

--------

Download tools like Spybot S&D and Ad-ware to aid in ridding your computer of spyware/malware and excersise smart surfing habits in the future.

Choice J

--------

Back up your required data files, wipe your hard drive(s), reinstall Windows, reinstall applications (hopefully this includes anti-virus software), copy your backed-up data files back, install Windows Updates, anti-virus definitions and software patches, use either Mozilla Firefox or the classic Mozilla suite[/url'> or even Opera for web browsing and excersise smart surfing habits.

Choice I is a temporary fix. Choice J can be more permanent.

If more people chose J, we'd have less zombie computers on the Internet sucking up bandwidth and resources via spyware, malware, virri and worms.

HTH

had viruses cause this problem.. you may have been hit with a spyware dropper which loads itself as soon as u open the page... get a good firewall program....also this is going around I posted it in another thread...

there is a new Hijacker around, called sp.html

it is very hard to remove it.... not with Hijackthis.... not with Spybot S&D,

here is more info and a cleaning tool for it:

http://www.trojaner-info.de/anleitungen/hi...bout_blank.html

download this: SpHjfix.exe

te program is in english.... easy.....

and after cleaned it then use CWSredder cos there will stay some parts in registry.

download CWShredder here: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

short translation of the description on the german site:

the hijacker is NOT to remove with:

CWsShredder, Spybot S & D, SpywareBlaster, Ad-Aware.

Even when cleaned using HijackThis is not complete.

The problem seems to be solved but returns after 24 hours.

It makes changes in the registry... (see german site)

I have personally noticed 4 changes (win98SE)

You can clear the registry maunally, look for "obfuscated", but it seems it makes another change somewere in the history.

It places a .dll in the system32-directory....

(win98SE in the system-dir)...

the name of the .dll is everytime different.

After cleaning with the Hijacker Fixer you have to run CWShredder to remove the rest what is left in the registry.

Only InternetExplorer has probs with this one.

It hijacks the blanco startpage, and after a while even explorer,

everytime you open a a folder it will show up, quit anoying

this was C/P from another site...this might be what ur dealing with...

Ever since the other topic came up dealing with this I switched over to Mozilla. I also took brents advice and used those two programs. They seemed to do the trick and I havn't had one single problem since. Well my wife computer lost some of her links to some games she plays but that was an easy fix.

I'll never go back to IE

Thanks again guys.

code:

Not true, with Mozilla I don't even have a problem with them...  

ROLF

+1 Toolfab

cheers.gif

Steve S.

I have been having problems on several computers being hijacked. The lasted one is running WN xp PRO. The file that hijacked the computer was messing with my Nortons Antivirus. It wouldn't et me do a scan of the computer. Also when I would try to go online the summary page for NAV would be displayed continously. Everytime I would make a move with the mouse the summary page would be displayed again & again. I finally uninstalled NAV. Then reinstalled it with the phoneline unhooked so it wouldn't initalize the modem. I then done a virus scan and found nothing. But was able to go online to do updates to NAV. After this NAV found the worm with 61 infected files. Took several days to come up with this plan. I am in no way computer smart when it comes to this kind of thing. But I have tryied about everything that has been suggested on this form, including no more IE.

All I have to say is thess A**HOLES should be shot for doing this stuff.

I tried the msconfig on a WN98 system, had no problem. But couldn't get it to work on WN2000. Is there a different program for WN2000?

Thanks to all of the brains on the forum. It has been a big help in my time of need!!!!!!!!

quote:

I tried the msconfig on a WN98 system, had no problem. But couldn't get it to work on WN2000. Is there a different program for WN2000?

Microsoft left msconfig out of Windows 2000, for whatever reason. You can get msconfig from here or from the closest Windows XP install CD (yes, this is all legal).