Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for 5th axis post

The generic post that comes with mastercram seems to be over my head to modify. I don't even need exact posts (I can edit)...all I'm looking for is the angles being correct.

Does anyone know where I can get a 5th axis post that is set up with a rotary table on a rotating pallet for a horizontal mill?

I'm hoping I can find one close enough that I change the few things that will allow it to work for me.

5 AX - he dont need flamed, Not yet, we are supposed to nice for at least 10 post, and its not his first post, He may just need some help with the one hes got. Its NEW members that we really like to roast, although Chuckles should contact his re-seller, hes not looking for a haas or fadal post, 5 axis is a lot more involved.I get frustrated with a 3 ax post at times I can not imagine 5(yet).

Chuckles,

quote:

The generic post that comes with mastercram seems to be over my head to modify. I don't even need exact posts (I can edit)...all I'm looking for is the angles being correct.

Does anyone know where I can get a 5th axis post that is set up with a rotary table on a rotating pallet for a horizontal mill?

Your best bet would be to talk with your reseller/dealer. That's some of the butter on their bread. smile.gif Only say this cuz I got beat up for asking the same thing about the time u joined this forum. biggrin.gif

Mayday, it's a horizontal with the pallet being the 4th axis, and it has a rotary table mounted to it as the 5th axis.

Currently I manually edit the positions for both rotary tables, but it is getting old. I'm getting tired of editing the positions, and besides thats what CAM is for.

To date , my re-seller has been little or no help...no offense, but I think it's over their heads. And like I said...all I'm looking for out of the post is positioning for the tables, I found that a generic 3 axis post spits out positions fine (if you ignore the error message about too many axis being used), and all I need to do is manually enter the "A" and "B" ...I'm wondering if there is a generic 5th axis post that I can edit the primary axis and secondary axis and maybe the direction and be done with it.

I guess it's a long shot, but surely we aren't the only people spinning 2 rotary axis so I figured I'd ask.

Thanks for the replies...except for the emoticon guy...maybe you've been I.M.'ing a little too much? There's a world OUTSIDE the computer you know.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...There's a world OUTSIDE the computer you know...

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

quote:

...To date , my re-seller has been little or no help...no offense, but I think it's over their heads...

Hmmm, that's odd. There are two MC resellers in Illi... one of them (Shopware) I KNOW is up to the task. Give them a shout.

Chuckles, if you dont have the 5ax ost power point ask your dealer for it. It is a big help when figuring out the machine type.

1st get the machine type right.

2nd get the axis shifts right.(Normally I would suggest drawing the part with zero at the axis intersections, but dont think that would work to good in your situation.)

3rd consider the angles. Are they off 90,180,270? rotaxis(1 and 2) and rotdir(1 and 2) will control this.

DonS went through all this stuff with a very fine tooth comb(only to find out that the fixture was .125" from what it was supposed to be.)

Keep us posted.