Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Menu Buttons jacked up

gcode

Yesterday I had something wierd happen in V9 lathe

The menu bar on the left side of the screen got scrambled.

The retangular Z level buttom is covering up

half of the MAIN MENU button.

Mill and Design are fine, but lathe v9.1sp2 and MR0304 both have this problem.

Does anyone know how to fix it??

copy your lathe cfg file to some other name like *.bad ,delete teh original one and start MC lathe .

Mastercam will generate new one with standart options

exit Mc ,open in cimcoedit or some other ASCII editor both files new and old and copy from old to the new the parts you need (icons ,keystrokes ,settings and so on )

HTH

WTHH

Winnie teh on my dirty way

My partner and I have had similar problems; except on certain occasions it would happen 2 or three times a day, keep in mind that we both have completely different systems!! Up until earlier this week the only solution was to re-boot the PC, but after some experimenting we found that turning off the “special effects” under the windows display properties solved our problems….for now!!!!

IMHO, for such an expensive piece of software it sure could use a big can of Raid to eliminate some of the bugs, I have never used software that is so picky to video cards and their settings or dependant of whether or not you are on a network…if your software is not recommended to be run over a network than don’t advertise it as being network friendly…sorry for the rant but sometimes MasterCam can be a little to frustrating for us…especially when you waste half a day trying to get it to run properly…or have to keep re-booting!!!!

curse.gifbanghead.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

"...special effects..."

You running a Game Rig or doing WORK. You know, that eye candy garbage is great for your kid's PC, but on a PC that actually does real work that you get paid for... kill it!

If you can't handle glitches in software, you might as well forget about running a computer and stick with a pencil, paper and a calculator...

OUT!