Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

It's easy, but I don't know...........

Lstar

1 inch = 3.9370079 x 10^-5 microns

In english or any language 1 micron refers to meters not inches. It can be converted from metric to standard weights and measurements.

The above formula is derived from 1 inch = 2.54cm. This is the base formula used for converting standard lengths to their metric equivalent.

Hey Brent - I also noticed that you beat me by a couple thou biggrin.gif

Actually America begins at its highest point which includes Canada. Or you could look upon it the other way and call Mexico the highest point and Canada its lowest. smile.gif

Another slang term for a two flute center cutting end mill is "Slot Drill" you still draw a blank stare at some places though. smile.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

quote:

Jack .... I said a thou and a half.

Strange as it is I would call that one and a half thou. smile.gif Good lord we must be confusing the heck out of the poor guy "Lstar" that started this thread. biggrin.gif

At least I said Center Cutting incorrectly for the benefit of those in the south as opposed to the correct version of Centre Cutting as Andrew might refer to as the Queens English.

Come to think of it, we have many wierd terms and pronuciations such as Straight Edge, Whirly Jig, etc! - let's think about where these words come from and hijack away... biggrin.gif

Regards, Jack