Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T any suggestion??

Elad

Well here this :

I won a bottle of 1996 Dom Perignon Champagne in ebay. smile.gif

As far as i know 1996 was a great year and a bottle like this cost about 200 us$ in Israel, but even if i'm willing to pay this price, it is not easy to find it.

Anyway, the seller wrote "us shippment only".

I opened an account in an Israeli company that provides me a mail address in the U.S and when they get my package they handle everything and send it to me.

The bottle cost me 85$+20$ to send it to my address in the us.

The israeli company will get 25$ to send it to me, and all the taxes are about 50$.

I wasn't aware of this costs and taxes so i told the customer service not to provide the product and leave it there.

BUT....there is another way : I can provide the company an u.s address and then it will cost much less.

so the question is : who of you deserve a Dom Perignon 1996. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

And can you think of anyway sending it to me.(if you are coming to Israel soon-and i bet you're not couse your goverment wont like you to come over) biggrin.gif

Any suggestions????? confused.gifcheers.gif

BTW - UPS won't take it unless you have the proper licenses to ship alcohol. It has to be declared on the customs forms for shipping also. I found this out the hard way when I had 1/2 case of wine shipped to me by mistake from the winery intstead of to my friend - where I meant for it to go. I ended up drinking it - because I couldnt ship it......no liquor license biggrin.gif

Had to have another 1/2 case shipped from the winery to HIM - got it right the second time... wink.gif

I trade beer over seas and throughout the US all the time. I use UPS and if they ask for contents I always use "colectable glassware". I have never had a problem shipping. If customs does open your box how do they determine tax? If you want I'm sure I could get it to you and if you want some references on trade info about me I can show you a site with some of my feedback.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Elad,

Not sure what day/days I am going to IMTS, but the tickets are on the bosses office. Plus, I am only about 25-30 minutes from McCormick Place to my work. And to make it even better for you Elad, I haven't had a drink of anything other than beer in 10 years.

Greg