Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Isometric view

Elad

Hi,

sometimes the isometric view is very helpful to do toolpath on a solid part.

The problem is that the isometric view always refers to the top cplane.

If i work with several gviews(4 axis),i can't get an isometric view of the current gview,and i have to "play" with the part with the "gview-dynamic" until i get the needed position.

it could be nice if the isometric view could refer to the cplane,and not always to the top.in one click on the icon,i will have the isometric view of the current cplane.

What do you think??

Have a great week. smile.gif

elad is right, they should have a confiquration setting that does not set the Cplane to top as soon as I go to Iso view.

For example:

If I am in the side cplane and side view and I go to Iso view, I want the cplane to stay in side.

I think prior to V7 it was like that.

There is a setting called "Update Cplanes and Tplane when changing Gview"

There should be another called "Set Cplane to Top when changing to ISO view?"

The Iso view has never been relative to the current Cplane. By definition a view has to be static. Isometric is view number 7. If it was dynamic, then you would have multiple view 7's. Not cool.

If you are working in a Cplane other than top for a long period, rotate your view (I use the alt-cursor keys) to get the orientation you like, go to Cplane - Next Menu - =Gview to change from Mouse view to a number, then Name the view so you can retrieve it later.

BTW: Each press of alt-cursor is a 5 deg increment. Also if you hit alt-up 18 times, then alt-left 9 times, then alt-down 7 times, you'll be very close to an "isometric" view from wherever you started.

[This message has been edited by gstephens (edited 07-25-2001).]

This may seem tedious, but why don't you rotate the Cplane about z 45 and y up 45 then save. G view number whatever and svae view name it relative to the cplane you are working to.

This possible now in V8 but back in V7 and prior what I would do is create a drafting note in the view I needed to go back to. Then I would pick that drafting entity to get me back in that view. That was pretty trick!

------------------

B. Henderson

OMEGA PlASTICS

[email protected]

opinc.com

I think that what Gstephens describes is what Elad wishes to have, but it is clumsy long way to achieve.

It would be nice to have all this steps available in one click.

This can be achieved with a proper "Macro". I haven't tried it and I doubt if Mastercam's macro can do.

btw, using the term "Isomentric" is confusing.

Yenkl

Elad

For me at this time is to set up each veiw & use name veiw(ALT N). Its still a pain in the neck to deal with in Mastercams current style of interface but thats the shortest road to what you want that i know of.

What you really want is a construction plane veiw relative to a veiw port. For those who in this forum that have Rhinocerous 3d or Studio Max, Take a look at your Cplaneview toolbar sets .That is what i belive Elad wants. Future versions of Mastercam will have it hopefuly.

Kenneth Potter

I have also asked for a better interface and 'user-ability' so to say, concerning work coordinates vs. world coordinates. The positioning of the C'Plane is adaquate, however the rotation control is dismal at best. I've discused this witht CNC people, however, they just don't seem to 'get it'!

Kathy

Kenneth - If "real time dynamic mouse driven one click pan & zoom" is a huge issue for you, don't wait around for another Mastercam release. Put a price on eliminating your frustrations.

Find out how much a Puckman or another 3D device from www.logicad3d.com will set you back. Should be under $400. Used in "horizontal display" mode the Puckman device acts exactly how I'd expect a mouse to act.

[This message has been edited by Dave Thomson (edited 07-27-2001).]

BTW, since View 7 is an ISO view from the rear, and a lot of customer blue prints are an ISO from the front, I've found going to a front view, then rotating X a minus 45 degrees, then rotating Y 35.3 degrees I get a perfect front ISO (Not 45/45, compound angles,you know). Any ISO would be a combination of these numbers. It would be nice to save these settings to M/Cam itself, not just a particular file, so I wouldn't have to redo for each file. Keep up the good work everyone!

Hi, I am new to this Forum.

The top Cplane is your default. To change this go screen, configure, Start/Exit. There are two settings here: one to set your default contruction plane and another to turn on or off updating your cplane and tplane when changing gview.

Hope this helps.

Elad:

Try this. Create a dummy drawing with all the “isometric views” for each cplane saved as named views. Then when you start a new drawing go to job setup and import all the saved views from your dummy drawing. Then use “get named view” and go to each custom isometric view. I tried it on a test file and it seemed to work well. Let me know how it worked out.

As CycleTimeCharles stated: There is a 'Update CPlane and TPlane when Changing GView' setting in the System Configuration Start/Exit tab. You can de-select this and then when you change to ISO your CPlane and TPlane views do not change. The only problem is that then you have to sync you C/TPlane views manually.

Just a thought.... confused.gif

>> Just noticed Willy's reply. Sorry! frown.gif

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Brad McIntosh ]