Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Get Speeds feeds from tool?

GreggT

How do I get the Tool Parameters tab to update to the values that I have changed at the tool?

I did a search of the forumn and got the phone book on feeds and speeds.

I have an existing part that I want to change S/F for each tool. I have the tools all set the way I want, but the tool parameters page won't update to these values? banghead.gif

TIA

Go to Nc Utlits/ Then go to tool/ Tehn go to current. Update the speeds and feeds for the tools here if you want all the operations using them to have the same speed and feed. If you need to do say 4 or 5 operation then use the edit common paramters for those 4 or 5 operations and should do the trick. I have als taken tool 12 and just opened it changed everything and then saved it to a reduntant nothing libary. Doing this Mastercam will ask you to update or add tool. You can add the same number and have a tool wit hthe old speeds and feeds and the same tool number with the new. Might get an nci alarm when you post but not that big of a deal.

HTH

Fred and Ron;

Tried bwhat you sugested and it doesn't work. The fields on the parameters tab are uneffected?

I finally gave up and just editted each operation individually. Seems like a huge waste of time. I'll have to have my resaler come by and take a look.

Thanks

You must set up the material for the SFM you wish to use and press the calculate S/F button at top?

Or choose the material from list and it will use preset para's.

Then from the par's page in op's, I think you must click on the tool in the window once and the S/F will update to be posted.

Been a while since I did it.....

????

How would I not pull the right tool? I have an already existing part and I'm changing the speeds and feeds at the tool (Job Setup>Tools). Is the library conected to the part file dynamically or only when you go to it for a tool?

There has got to be a better way to do this that I am overlooking.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...After updating speeds/feeds go to each operation and reclick on each highlighted tool. You will see the speeds/feeds change to what's in the parameters if in job setup you have the feed calculation set to tool...

+1

You have to go into EACH operation and reselect the tool for the Speeds/Feeds/Step/Peck to be initialized. Kind of a PITA but kind of good so you can retain previous settings in some circumstanecs and get new ones in others. Make sure you set your Speeds/Feeds/Step/Peck the way you want them or you could be in for a surprise.

HTH

This is nuts. Shouldn't this be simple? Am I aproaching this problem from the wrong dirrection?

CLIck, CLick, CLick, CLick, Open, Close, Open, Close.......... Stand on your head, bark like a dog, baaa like a sheep, swing like a monkey.....

I definately need more classes..... Anyone have a tutorial on tool library setup and speeds and feeds management?

Gregg,

Create a new tool library in the future with your own specific tool parameters. (stepover, peck, speeds, feeds, rpm, etc.) Then when initially open mcam to start your next job under the toolpaths>job setup click on "use tools step, peck and coolant" and also under feed calculation check "from tool". Then program away using toold from the library you created and you will have no more of the

quote:

CLIck, CLick, CLick, CLick, Open, Close, Open, Close.......... Stand on your head, bark like a dog, baaa like a sheep, swing like a monkey.....

HTH

I know how it is..I do alot of prototyping /short runs/ wierd stuff and am constantly messing with feeds and speeds. Mcam is set up nicely if you work from your library and leave it at that, but for those adventure-some-seldom-do-the-same-thing-twice folks, click click close close etc. is de facto. Sux when you overlook one operation out of your 20 with that procedure!

I sure hope X works better.