Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where's Mastercam X ? or mabye.... MasterCRASH X!

RandleXX

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was funny.....

biggrin.gif

A man wakes up one morning and there's a gorilla on his roof. So he looks in the yellow pages and sure enough, there's an ad for "Gorilla Removers." He calls the number, and the gorilla remover says he'll be over in 30 minutes.

The gorilla remover arrives, and gets out of his van. He's got a ladder, a baseball bat, a shotgun and a mean old pit bull. "What are you going to do," the homeowner asks? "I'm going to put this ladder up against the roof, and then I'm going to go up there and knock the gorilla off the roof with this baseball bat. When the gorilla falls off, the pit bull is trained to grab his nuts and not let go. The gorilla will then be subdued enough for me to put him in the cage in the back of the van." He hands the shotgun to the homeowner.

"What's the shotgun for?" asks the homeowner. "If the gorilla knocks ME off the roof, shoot the dog!"

biggrin.gifcheers.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just have too many little bugs that can really p--- a guy off!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But not a donkey !

I even comfortable with 9.1 sp2

I do not understand this relation - were did you saw a program free of bugs ,my human friend ?

Especially a Cad-Cam program .

Not to offend you ,but I suspect first official release of ver X will be full of bugs ,simply because it is completlynew program ,with full winAPI .

I can note that Cimatron Elite v1 was drastic ,sure noone ,except Israel never saw it ,but they ***** of all Israel users and turned them to beta testers .

Ver5 a different thing

So I would recommend you peacefully enjoy ver9

and patiently wait for X and pray for it to be more or less free of bugs !

Hey CHIP;

The funniest part of the story is part you didn't share. The Gorilla remover also owns the gorrilla. It's called extortion in free countries. But hear in the good old USA we call them taxes and insurance.

Like they say in the trade "This place is a fire hazard...."

RandleXX, check out EdgeCAM and Visual Mill while your out screwing around and report back to CNC with what kind of improvements they need to put in X.5.

flame.gif

flame.gif

flame.gif

quote:

It's called extortion in free countries. But hear in the good old USA we call them taxes and insurance.

You'll like this one

biggrin.gif

A little boy wanted $100.00 very badly and prayed for weeks, but

nothing happened. Then he decided to write God a letter requesting

the $100.00.

When the postal authorities received the letter to God, USA, they

decided to send it to the President.

The president was so amused that he instructed his secretary to send

the little boy a $5.00 bill. The president thought this would appear

to be a lot of money to a little boy.

The little boy was delighted with the $5.00 bill and sat down to write

a thank-you note to God, which read:

"Dear God: Thank you very much for sending the money. However, I

noticed that for some reason you sent it through Washington, D..C.,

and those xxxx deducted $95.00 in taxes."

biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

Randle, bad planning, poor management, and lack of mental capacity on your part does not constitute a problem with Mastercam.

Iskandar, I'd like for this clown to show some, (any), software, espeically CAM, that has no bugs.

IMNSHO, the bugs that really p!ss him off are the ones in his own head, and he knows it. I've used things like:

Cimitron

Surfcam

Smartcam

GibbsNC/CAD/CAM (Mac and dos versions)

Virtual Gibbs

Geopath

EZMill

Mastercam

and a few others.

Mastercam is very stable in comparison, and more powerful then all. (Cimitron is a close second for surfacing, but Mastercam blows it away in every other function.)

Murlin I agree, but muy other CAD software did a re-write that ran way over schedule then they caved to the mounting pressure for release and wound up with a formal release that you could not complete a project in. Further the ability to save back to the old format was greatly diminidhed (only Iges and SAT).

There will certainly be bugs, but having bugs is one thing and infestation is another.

Well CAM, I would agree thqat some software companies will leave you hanging.....look at ANVIL for crying out loud......they sell 75 seats to Lockhead Martin, take their money and close up shop......chickens#$% xxxx....

CNC would never do that, me thinks.....they are here to stay.....

Mastercam didnt get to be #1 for nuthin smile.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

.....look at ANVIL for crying out loud......they sell 75 seats to Lockhead Martin, take their money and close up shop......

Isn't that considered fraud? Punishable by prison time? Kind like a person who knows they are going to declare bankruptcy, then goes out and spends like there is no tomorrow??