Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Forum

Paul McGarr

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...What are you guys up to??...

No good... biggrin.giftongue.gif Same thing as I was when we last spoke. biggrin.gif

quote:

...I see were respectable again w/ the sig pics... I think we were killing the dial-up boys

biggrin.gif

I think I hear the pounding of "Fanfare" in the background biggrin.gif

Reading between the lines on the furtherance of this topic, I would agree that the forum dynamics has changed somewhat in the last few months. Is this a good thing? It’s hard to say – but I believe that with your contribution, you get what you pay for.

As of late there isn’t much happening by way of discontent politics or outrageous personal opinions but maybe I’m just getting old and tired; ten more months and I get to choose from the 50+ seniors menu at our local restaurant. biggrin.gif

Regards, Jack

I am on Vacation and was just reading through this and had to get a good laugh out of it. I see these people come in here and start like I did when I came in here. I was having an NCI problem and was not getting my file to post to the same NC file. I could not for the life of me see the difference from MCAM9 to MCAM91 with a file name 100 characters wrong. I was pissed I was steaming mad becuase everything I did expect the right thing was not working. I got the right answer ate my crow and hoped that I cam in here and helped alot of people.

I have worked in alot of shops over the years and have seen my share of personalities. I have only seen a handful of people act in ways I consider wrong in here and they are banned. I made the remark to Dragon person about he should pay me for the question he asked on the 5 axis part. I had a fellow high poster Rekd think I was harsh did it make me recant what I said no. Did I help by giving advice yes but I did not do the part for them like he suggested in the beginning of the thread.

I quit coming here for a while becuase we were getting new poster coming in here and slamming us or the forum just about every other day. I also had some of my comments in threads emailed to my owners where I was was working last. I of all people know fist hand about this place big reason I do not do much o/t any more and for a while had changed my Crazy^Millman to my real name with all of my contact information becuase like so many that talk big and want to act big you can call me email me or talk to me. I do not see that out of so many that want to talk the talk but not walk the walk. Today go to our company website and then call the number there see if I work there and if I am not busy you can speak right to me. I am not hiding I am not playing games like I see so many do and have done on here. I have called alot of the people out and hate to be right but have been right so many times now I just laugh when I see these Mastercam Haters and people who just want to be all negative and not maybe take a look in the mirror or stop and take a second and understand there is another way or they could be wrong just eaiser to come in here and say it sucks.

I also almost quit this forum becuase of the post counts and tried the MPD thing and I was asked not to so I did not. I could give a care less about the numbers I care about helping people and making this profession grow and help those I can in whatever and however I can. I will ask this of the ones that think us high posters are such bad people and do so much to bring this place down.

How many personal email have you sent fellow members?

Me over 200

How many people off of this forum have you talked to directly on the phone or in person?

Me about 20

I think since I have been here this is about a dozen times I have seen this so I can imagine James and Jay and Matt have seen these types of things alot. We were asked to give the 10 post to all new peopel when they cam in here asking for posts we did. People were not happy withthe o/t in this forum so it was moved. I sya you know what lets us go one step further. Anyone who helps people and gets 999 posting gets the account shut down and they have to start over again. I have even a better I dea let us leave it the way I have seen in alot of shops over the years. Let only the senior people know what they know not help out the others who are trying to learn and let this profession die out becuase us high posters may hurt someone feeling from time to time.

Oh boooooooo hooooooooo

I have had my people threaten me with volience and had an owner clean a loaded pistol in my office. I have seen people get cused for everything they were worht and I have been cused for everything I am worth. Did any of these stop me from going forward no. Think us high posters have bad attitudes fine.

I will say this I learn something everyday, and find my mistakes everyday, I help all of those I can and try to make this professino as a whole grow and get better by helping those who need it or want it. I learn by helping others as much as I give by teaching others. Is that what so many who complain about and say things in ways that are off base do. Got knowledge good now share it becuase guess what this is a dying profession.

Me I got statred when I was 14 doing stuff for my negibor, took 3 years of Trade school while going to highschool. I then started programing and doing all types of work in the places I have worked since I got out of school. I am very very lucky to have seen and got the experience I have got but it makes me no expert it makes me good at trying to do my job to the best of my ability.

I know Rekd and take Matt's comments for the person he is just like he takes my comments for the person I am.

Matt, James, Jay, Bulliness, Harmill, Brendan, Thad, May^Day, The 100 woods, Jack, Andrew, and etc.......... who migh conderied high posters have help alot of people including myself. I like the old saying you can give a man a fish and feed him for a day or you can teach a man to fish and feed him for life. If some of use did not try to teach and help the others to be good programmers or Machinist then we are not helping them to feed themselves for life. If we did not make the attmept to help learn verse the ok sned me your problem I will wave my magic wand and problem is gone then we olny accomplish the task giving the fish for a day.

BTW Dinsey World was freaking packed. I guess there was 200,000 people ni and around the parks there what a mad house it was. My family is good and they are enjoying my kids. I was lucky enough to get ahead of the Luggage and flight problems. I hope it will all be cleared up when we leave back to Calforina next week. So Matt, James, Jay, Roadhog has the weather been as bad the news reports???

Think my attuide sucks then say Crazy^Millman your attitude sucks but high posters puts a general comment out there would be like me saying all low posters are experts and have been using mastercam for a 1000 years. headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Well this sucks!!!! Sucks, Sucks, Sucks I tell ya.... OK..... I said it..... now I'm ready to die rolleyes.gif

*****puts wrists together and waits for the cuffs to come out******

People need to lighten up a tad biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I just laugh it off when peeps try to bash me....

Believe me, this place is nothing...you should get bashed by my exe wife tongue.gif

Frankly my dear, I dont give a D%!#......

As for high post counts= superiority complex..... headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif never thought a thing bout it......

I just admired them for being to have that much to say.....

Man Jack....I am not that far behind yas..... cool.gif Save me a seat....

Murlin teh non conformist biggrin.gif

quote:

Paul and Tim - Good points - I'm interested to hear how you would propose that the Admins change the tone of the forum.

Dave,

I don't think there is anything you can do other than to step in now and then to signal when things are getting out of hand. I would expect that if you asked people in general to cool down a thread, they probably would. I think everybody should do this if they think it applies. Unfortunately, it's babysitting. We have enough of this to do at work.

My point was made here in my first post. Some people agree, and some disagree. Some don't even want to listen.

Maybe we need a new entry in the FAQ's.

I'm satisfied that I've made my point, and will stop watching this thread. I can't answer everybody because there are so many replies, but if anybody want's to email me directly. I will respond. Actually, I encourage it.

Thanks everybody for listening.

Paul

quote:

I also had some of my comments in threads emailed to my owners where I was was working last. I

Crazy^Millman

Just shows what kind of metality some people have now does,nt it. That SUCKS BIGTIME.

also a low dogs act. flame.gif

I,ii still be coming here for a long time and a good time. And i,m sure i will learn from someone with 10 posts as well as 6000 posts

cheers all cheers.gif Darren