Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Forum

Paul McGarr

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me wonder how many of your started your career as operators-machinists .

I did and I am machinist now and not to offend noone want to say that I am proud to know great guys in this field and I learned a lot from them and do it now .

I also believe that you can not become good programmer without operator-machinist experience .

And I also knew a lot of bad programmers .

So to say that every operator or machinist is monkey a bit of exageration .

To satisfy ppl like me wit a code is a hard task .

I prefer my own .

And my own ways to do things .

Some of you would not like the way I do ,or I wouldn`t like yours .

Nothing personal .

Not like someone said :

I hate your code cause it is your code !

~~~~~~~~~~~

I have encountered is most of the high post guys

especially iskander and company are so damn smart it takes me a while to understand all that is said.

~~~~~~~~~~

Come on ,I have the lowest possible post count here ! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~

Why not have Eyore set them up, and P00h can do the QC?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Eeyore makes coffee same time ,while Winnie smokes a cigarette .

And only one salary frown.gif

Tis the season.

About this time last year there was a rash of locked threads. This year hasn't been so bad except for Dragonqueen's passing through.

The Holidays, work slowdown and the long wait for X can make for a stressful environment.

Once we make it to the new year and X is here we won't have time to worry about any of this. cheers.gif

I pushed my sister`s husband my way and he became programmer in molds .

He is a smart guy and a talented one .

The only thing he lacks is machining experience and it is sometimes hard for him .

He works for 3 years now ,but he can not explain how controller builds compensated path and why codes from the same G-code group must be written in separate blocks .

Or some simple secrets of machining every conventional mill machinist knows .

And he does not want to know!

He sais : no need for this stuff nowadays !

That`s what hurts me frown.gif !

Finally someone brought this to the attention. I use to visit this forum everyday, sometimes three times a day and now I stop by maybe once a week. This place went from the best forum I new to one of the worst when it comes to new members. It seems every time I stop by top see what's new all I see is older members simply abusing the new guys. How sad.

quote:

Finally someone brought this to the attention. I use to visit this forum everyday, sometimes three times a day and now I stop by maybe once a week. This place went from the best forum I new to one of the worst when it comes to new members. It seems every time I stop by top see what's new all I see is older members simply abusing the new guys. How sad.

Beav,I come here everyday about 20-30 times and I just don't see it like you are calling it.

As I said before,IMO the noobs just don't take any time to read thru the forum guidelines and end up in situations that could have been prevented.

I think it is total dis-respect to come to a great place with soo much knowledge and act like a bone head and then not feel like you are accepted.

When I first came here,I too got off on the wrong foot (not going to elaborate)and also felt a bit intimidated by seeing members who were here for a long time and felt the need to be accepted.

This all wore off by participating and proving that I was a worthy member.

I love this place and there are a great bunch of people. cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I think it comes down to a respect issue. It's OUR Forum and should be treated with a modicum of respect. It does not mean you can't be critical, it does not mean you can't say something sucks, it just means that you should watch how you say things. For example, I think that it sucks that MC does not have multiple passes on Thread Milling. So instead of going on a rant in here, I sent an e-mail to my friends at [email protected] and tell them that they are lacking a feature in Threadmill - Multi Passes. So, if you were on the recieving end of an e-mail, which would you prefer to see?? "Threadmill SUCKS", or "I have a problem with Threadmill... it needs multi passes because..."?

See how easy that was? I was both critical AND constructive. biggrin.gif