Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Showing drive surfaces.

Threept82

Hi Guys.

In surfacing with mill9.1, it used to be that

when I went to check drive surfaces with the show

option, everything would go blank except the drive surfaces now for some reason nothing goes

blank and its hard to find drive surfaces unless

there in plain sight. Can anyone tell me what I

screwed up and how I can get back to blanking

all except drives. Thanks confused.gif

ghuns,

quote:

Started after I got the latest driver for my pos intel graphics card.

That's because your "pos Intel graphics card" isn't a dedicated video card at all. The Intel graphics is merely borrowing RAM from the motherboard to display graphics on the monitor. If you're only doing office work (word proc., spreadsheets, etc...) that's OK. For graphically intense engineering software, such as Mcam, this won't work. You need a dedicated, mature Open GL driven, mid-range to high-end video card (non-ATI). Link to the Information page at the top of this forum and check out the "discussion on hardware configurations" towards the bottom of the page. Or perform a Search of topics on this forum for "video cards" and I'm sure you'll find numerous threads on this issue. HTH cheers.gif

THREEPT82,

Installing any new software patch can have an affect like this in older drivers and other software. That is why whenever we perform a Windows update here in the office with our computers, we'll always make sure video drivers and things are updated as well. It doesn't have to be MC related to have an affect on MC.

If you would like to send me the file, I will be happy to look it over on any of our systems here. That's the best way to determine if it truly is a software issue or hardware or driver issue. Process of elimination. In fact, I've tried this out on several surface files and haven't seen the "blank" effect you've described. The drive surfaces are a different color than the other surfaces. Perhaps jeff is correct in that the color reserved for your drive surfaces is very similar to that of your other surfaces. I tried this with shading active and not active. HTH cheers.gif

Peter, the reason you dont see the "blank" effect is cause it doesnt work anymore. Previously when you selected to "Show" the drive surfaces MC would only show the selected surfaces (hightlighted). The unselected surfaces would be then temporarily hidden. At least this is how it used to work. It was a great feature allowing to see if you missed a surface.

Currently when you click on "Show" the surfaces are hightlighted but the non-selected surface are still visible.

THREEPT82,

I received your file and checked it out here on my computer. Mark H is correct. The unselected surfaces won't "blank" anymore. I don't agree that this is "broken", rather a "feature" of Mastercam. biggrin.gif The drive surfaces and check surfaces are highlighted as a different color from the unselected surfaces. I don't remember it ever "blanking" the unselected surfaces. I do remember when it wouldn't "show" anything. That I considered broken and they apparently fixed that issue. Perhaps CNC Software will get it back to the way you're used to. I will check it out in Beta X and see if it still does what it's doing now. cheers.gif

I've just checked out the file in Beta X. Guess what. It's back to blanking the unselected surfaces. biggrin.gif Good news. Just have to wait a little longer for the release of Mcam X. biggrin.gif