Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mori-Seki Controls

one shot

Hell everyone.

We are looking for a new machine. Quite possibly a Mori-Seki. I understand they offer two different controls, a Fanuc and a Mitchu. We do some surfaced parts a o lot of small production runs, mainly in aluminum. What are your opinions of the two different controls offered? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeff

We have 2 NV-5000 both with the Fanuc and 1 on the way. The set-up and use of the Fanuc is easy and straight ahead. I cannot speak to the Mitsu on this machine but having run another machine with a Mitsu control, my preference is the Fanuc.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Consider that memory on Fanuc is quite pricey...

But a Dazzle Compact Flash Card Adapter, and a Lexar 128MB Compact Flash Card is about 50 bucks and can be configured to run like a Dataserver from the PCMCIA slot.... biggrin.gif Quite cheap if you ask me and works on 16 and 18 i Series controls.

Do a search for how to configure your machine in the forum. It's all here... Search for "Dataserver" that I started and you'll find it. I've only started a few topics here.

BTW, as one who has used BOTH, Fanuc gets my vote.

I have used James way on lathes and mills and other machines that have the Fanuc Controls on them.

It is really nice option and cheap. I carry on me alwas a card setup for this option along with cabling for DNC for all kinds of controls.

[ 02-20-2005, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: cadcam, From CCCS ]

We have a Mori Sieki NV5000, with Fanuc 18i control. The Fahuc is an excellent, very user friendly control. All our machinist are quite happy with it. Mori integrated it very well with their machine.

The PCMCIA slot is very useful, we setup a 256mb flash card for about $80. Very useful for large programs. I have limited exposure to Mitsubishi controller, but prefer the Fanuc by far.

We use both Fanuc (16i) with the FM (Fast Machining) option, and Meldas 520 (Mits.). Both are very good and easy to use. Both are comparable to each other. One nice option on the Meldas is "Edit on the Fly". Whichever you decide to get you won't be disappointed.