Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WISH LIST - What I want for the next release

Luther_Heggs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

TomT,

Dude, here's how you accomplish what you want.

1) Use Version 8.1.1

2) Use True Solid Mode for Verification

3) Verify your first Operation.

4) When it completes, you'll see a little folder on the Verify Control Bar that has the letters "STL" on it. Click it.

5) Choose a name for your STL file.

6) Save It.

7) Close out the Verification Session.

8) Select the next operation you want to Verify.

8) Once in Verify, click the Configuration button (hint, its the button on the far left).

9) In the upper left hand of the configuration screen, you have three selection possibilities: a. Box b. Cylinder c. File. Select FILE When you do this the "Stock File" filed will un-grey.

10) Click the File Cabinet looking button.

11) Select the STL file you just created.

12) Click "OK"

13) Click "OK"

This will load the STL file as your stock file.

You can use any file that Mastercam that Mastercam will read so long as it has surfaces or solids in it. When all else fails if this is not clear enough read the Help file on Verification.

Hope this helps.

One more wish: Create...Surface...From Point Cloud.

Also, allow points to be changed from the three intersecting line design (that never changes size) to maybe a cube that you could specify edge length. This would allow me to zoom away from a CAD surface without the points hiding the surface itself.

smile.gif

In the "lead in/ out" screen from 2d contour I need to turn off the thing where it makes the lead in/out a percent of tool diameter. Also in the same screen it would be nice to hav that handy copy button in the middle go both ways. Why since the original release of 7 does the tool library come up in alphabetical order instead of numerical order? I have a seat of 7 still and after trying 7.1 and 7.2 I went back to 7.0, and if it wasn't for auto select and auto cursor I would run 7.0 on my 8.1 hasp. I understand the enhancements and why, but it killed me and made programming slower for my application.

Jim

being able to have multiple files open in one session would be the bigest thing for me. (I hate having to go back and forth through files)

Also a "merge some" command would be nice instead of having to save some and create an additional file that you are going to delete later.

Also get rid of undelete bug that keeps bringing back my xform/translate/move geometry.

Im sure theres more but cant think of it at the moment. thanks!