Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WISH LIST - What I want for the next release

Luther_Heggs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

One thing I'd like is to be able to verify odd shaped stuff in Mill. It sort of works now but if there are undercuts in the stock, they are shown not that way.

Hi

Delete dup.will not help on a dirty file that has a lot geo that isn't exactly chainable.Some files are large and difficult for the custermer to draw ,so they make more mistakes in the file.(aircraft engeeners)

I wish for;;;;;;;

"an automatic clean up a dirty file botton"

That will fix any pile of geometry

the custermer throws our way. cool.gif

Also a red ski boat

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

1) I would like to see Solids included @ no charge.

2) For pocketing & contouring, change speeds & feeds on finish pass along with having the ability to be able to selcet a different finish tool.

3) A new parallel style toolpath that you can keep a constant scallop height.

4) CHECK SURFACES: Make it so when you selct "check surfaces", you select what surfaces you want to be "check" then, not before.

5) Free shirts, coffee mugs, stickers, beach towels, etc....

Trevor Bailey

How about "Boundary(sp)? offset"

You offset or squash to a Z,(your curves),

Then you put in your parameter's (Tool dia)and even some clearence if need be.

Then it shrinks your Boundary by itself so you dont run over anything.

No more xform/translate(Do math) ...

or create line parallel,trim 2 entities...

Hmmmm

Speed Boundary...Hyper Boundary...MEGA Boundary!!!Boundary Matic..Extreme Boundary.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Tony ]

When any dialog box is up ,the veiwing area & commands are locked out frown.gif .I find myself shutting down a dialog box so i can access the grafixs veiwing commands to reposition my geometry to be worked on. What a pain in the butt!!. The operation manager is a prime example. Make all veiwing commands active "access" no matter what dialog box is up. eek.gif

Tony,

On your Extreme Boundary thought, how about just being able to go inside, on, or beyond a boundary by the dia of the cutter.

And,

Lets have some sort of Plate Manager in Solids where we have libraries made up and all you have to is pick the solid entities and the library to do all the hole work automatically, including any relief, threads, reamed, c/b's, etc.

Just my .02 biggrin.gif

Change tool number and name without regen path.

Change tool Feed, Plunge and Retract rate without regen path (is adjust feed on arc move is off).

Change tool Spindle Speed without regen path.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Wallace ]

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Wallace ]

I'd like to address some of the requests...

Trevor said:

quote:

1) I would like to see Solids included @ no charge.

No problem...Design-$3500, Mill level 1-$6500

, Level 3-$13,400

You (especially) should know better than that. CNC doesn't own the code, they have to license each parasolid kernal they sell from UG (that's why there's no additional seat discount). We're lucky the translator (incoming) is free.

quote:

2. pocketing & contouring, change speeds & feeds on finish pass along with having the ability to be able to selcet a different finish tool.

First part supposed to be in v9, second part: Create additional finish op, change the tool and regen ( in v8)

quote:

4) CHECK SURFACES: Make it so when you selct "check surfaces", you select what surfaces you want to be "check" then, not before.

Done in v9

quote:

5) Free shirts, coffee mugs, stickers, beach towels, etc....

Care to comment Charles????? biggrin.gif

Tony said:

quote:

How about "Boundary(sp)? offset"

Then Loyd said:

quote:

Tony,

On your Extreme Boundary thought, how about just being able to go inside, on, or beyond a boundary by the dia of the cutter.

Great idea Loyd. Not likely for v9, but I hope it shows up (as well as nested boundaries - ISLANDS!) but until then have you used Xform-Offset Contour Tony?

Kenneth said:

quote:

When any dialog box is up ,the veiwing area & commands are locked out .I find myself shutting down a dialog box so i can access the grafixs veiwing commands to reposition my geometry to be worked on. What a pain in the butt!!. The operation manager is a prime example. Make all veiwing commands active "access" no matter what dialog box is up.

v10 should cover most of this. I get the feeling that you're trying to edit your geometry in the middle of a toolpath. confused.gif

Wallace said:

quote:

Change tool number and name without regen path.

Change tool Feed, Plunge and Retract rate without regen path (is adjust feed on arc move is off).

Change tool Spindle Speed without regen path.

Slated for v9.

I'd like to see the ability to do 1 rough pass leaving .015 stock on the wall and the floor then 1 finish pass to net (Been asking since v2.xx when I started with this stuff).

Also would like to separate out the last floor pass (along with the finish side cuts)on a pocket toolpath into an additional op.

Mastercam also needs better undercut surfacing capabilities (something other than just flowline!)

Wallace, if you save regen file on second page of parameters you can go back and change those things (except entry arcs because they would have to recalculate surface data) and regenerate toolpath. This is the best they have for now but the regen is almost instantanious.

My wish is simple.... when you pick set-up sheet !!!! don't overwrite nci file!!!! and make the set-up sheet have the ability to write more than one program name at a time.

One other thing a brand new 28' Sportcraft rigged to the gills, outriggers, downriggers the whole enchilada.

quote:

One other thing a brand new 28' Sportcraft rigged to the gills, outriggers, downriggers the whole enchilada.

I'd like a McGregor 26x with the 50HP outboard (Fiberglass molds cut with Mastercam thank you very much!). Motor over to Catalina (about an hour), sail around the island, and motor home in the same day!

just a few in addition to everyone's excellent suggestions....

1. Have the full dialog box for levels available when I am in a selection mode (so I know what levels are on, ect); than I can either varify or interact with level information!

2. Selectivly turn off prompt / error dialog boxes! (everytime I move hole geometry from one operation to another - that anoying, anoying message for retaining depths! always no!)

3. More tools for filtering levels. The ability to save a level on / off configuration.

4. Be able to save views with a level on / off associative to the view!

5. The tools dialoge box with sort by type, dia, tool # ect in the tool parameter window when selecting tools.

6. Have tool re-number work every time!

7. Fix the bug for groups intermittenly losing entities.

8. Multipal model filese within the same Mastercam session. Drag and drop information between the models. Think Autocad design center. Of course, I just got back from a Solidworks demo.

and of course better user UCS control!

biggrin.gif Kathy

as for the Sportscraft, McGregors.... I would like a new mainsheet for my Cal 25!

I would also like to see the file 'get' / 'save' eliminated and replaced with a standard file 'open', 'save', save as'. Again, the other day, almost over-wrote a file when all I wanted to do was save1. Guess I'll have to wait for V10 when the true windows gui is incorporated!

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: kathyric ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I was refraining from saying V9 Stuff but now that gstephens has opend it up a bit I'll go out on a limb and address Kathy's suggestion for

quote:

......and of course better user UCS control!

. Kathy, It's in V9. You should be pleased. I've been playing with it for a couple weeks now. Very Nice features coming up.