Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tosnuc 888 control

MIL-TFP-41

just want to pick your brains on this one...we have a Toshiba horizontal boring mill with a Tosnuc 888 control on it. For communications to and from machines, we use a program called XPert DNC.

We are having a problem getting handshaking to work with this control. On our Fanuc's & Yasnacs, the DNC program is set up to "wait for signal" (actually using XON & XOFF), that is, you get the puter set up to send the program, but it does not actually send the program till you go out to the control & either put it in tape mode & cycle start or you just read the program in...this saves alot of foot traffic.

Problem is, we have not been able to get the Tosnuc to work this way. We have to go out to the machine, get it ready to read, then back into the office to send the program. Any ideas on getting handshaking to work??

Thanks!

James,

We're demo-ing DNC software right now that has similar function. It's not a problem though because the PC that sends the file to the control is right by the control. I can't see any way to change it though. I'm used to setting up the control and then sending. Now it's the other way around. I can't recall the name of the software.

Thad

Howdy James,

I remember screwing around with that controller for a long time and could never figure it out.

I'm pretty sure it has to be a parameter in the control. I think the best approach would be to setup a macro shortcut at the control (started to do that with Randy a long time ago) Talk to the guys at Toshiba and have them help you on that.(If you can find anybody that knows what their talking about.)

bonk.gif

• 19 years later...
On 5/24/2024 at 2:28 PM, Mudili Shanmukha Rao said:

I have a problem in my machine it's Toshiba BTD110 R 16 the alarm is ABS scale voltage low How to fix it 

This sounds like the machine has glass scales to improve accuracy.

One of the scales is broken or has become contaminated with coolant and swarf.

The correct fix is to clean or replace the scale. The cheap fix is to disable the scales.

This may affect the accuracy of the machine, but will get the machine running.

• Like 1