Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is X going to have a better tool parameters page?

Chris Rizzo

Chris,

I don't know if this helps, but I can pull it back in from my library quicker than I can scan through the existing tools.

BTW, how are your Mill level 3 skills coming along? I remember not long ago when I sent you some files to play with. I think you were just getting started with surfaces and/or 3D cutting. I've seen you answer some surfacing questions here at the forum. Things must be going well. smile.gif

Edit: Now that I think of it, that had to be at least a year ago! headscratch.gif

Thad

Hey thanks Thad,

Yeah the must have been a good year or so ago. I think at the time I was also taking a mill level 3 class at the local community college.

Since then I've had a number of projects that really pushed my surfacing limits (molds), and also almost all of our production stuff has some 3d work on it to. I feel relativley comfortable with it all now, but still learn new stuff all the time. I've learned that with 3d there are so many ways to skin the same cat, you really gotta spend some serious time exploring all the variables.

It always helps asking the masters here, too!

cheers.gif

Ye right up your arse if you would like to see it work. My other guy just made a trode with it today not to bad for freaking vapor ware I say. Funny thing is people who bitch about it not being out are the same ones that will bitch when it does not do 100% of every thing you could every think of it 100% of every situation that you will never be able to get yourself out of. Yeah do not go foward and do not imporve it just make it make gold our of farts and beer would make you happy wouldn't it. Yeah here comes the senior member picking on a person. Booooo Hoooooooo and I got a box fo Kleennex for you!!!!!!!!!

OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Yeah been tired of the complaining. Do I wish it was out and working pefrect hell yes, but guess what it is not and if us Beta guys did not try to put in trhrough it's paces and make sure it was pefect then guess what it would get to everyone else as junk then everyone would be really pissed. I will say this get ready to hold on and enjoy the ride. Might lose my beta rights but going to sahre some thing.

1) they have made an update manger where it will automatically update Mastercam without you having to download and install update way cool and very very long overdue.

2) Windows enviroment and toolbars wiht Machien defintions to go into the furture to have machine simulation different but very very configurable.

3) toolpath and soild Manger all in one I mean why not have this to being with is beyond me but for those of use who know solids is the olny way to program Mastercam you are in heaven

4) You like to move thing you like to have thing different then you got what you wanted. I mean everything is at your finger tips and if it is not there you make it there.

5) Toolpaths and knowing what there are and how to use them yes they are clsoe to the same and yes you will be able to hit the floor and make parts very quick.

6) cool Chookc already in the wroks from people like verisurf who has gone the extra mile to Give toys that will just make Mastercam more than expanable.

7) it is not Vaporware it is the real deal and we tester take pride in helping to make it perfect. We take time out of our lives to make this perfect and whn people keep doubting that soemthing exist that we are trying to help make perfect it is like saying our work is worth nothing our time is worth nothing and we are worth nothing so do I take a offsense hell yes. It works it is there and it will be Extremlly good to use. It is different so prepare to leanr smething new but learn something that will grab you and take you on a learing grwoing moving experience to the furture of CNC programming. With out showing you what it is I can tell you that get ready it is coming and it is the real deal period.

Mabe and ex X tester but not and ex X user for damn sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Peter dont drink coffee if I were my 150 mph days would go to mach. It has the feel of the old with some improvments. I like the changes we can do to it and think you will like the intergration of the Tool operations and the solids when making toolpaths. We can now have it like a windows format for the tools and not the old across and olny the across you want big icons you can have big, you want small you can have small, you want details you can have details.........