Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

printing verified part

Elmer Fudd

One way I have worked with verified parts (*As long as your part is a Solid) files is to:

1: Verify part and save .STL file.

2: Open saved STL file in Mastercam as a new file.

3: Use File Convert and Save As SAT file.

4: In AutoCad you can open your saved SAT file by using Insert ACIS in AutoCad.

4: You can now manipulate and plot your file in AutoCad as you need to!

wink.gifcheers.gif

What I'm looking for is a picture of what each setup does. The mspaint does what I'm looking for but it seems like a long way around. I tried mapping a key but it printed like the normal screen and not like a verify screen. In mspaint is there a way to configure so you don't have to resize everytime? Thanks for the responses. Dan

what I have gone to using is photo 20/20. I activate the software, run the verify, then just push print screen, now this lets me window only what I want. Now I just save what I wanted as a .jpg. now to save on ink I like to go into paint real quick and invert the colors, then I just copy and paste into my word document. I wish I new how to post a pic and I would show the sweet template I have been using for the last 6yrs. Im all about detailed documentaion and there is nothn better for a machinist then a picture of what they are tryen to make.

dkintzel,

quote:

1: Verify part and save .STL file.

2: Open saved STL file in Mastercam as a new file.

3: Use File Convert and Save As SAT file.

4: In AutoCad you can open your saved SAT file by using Insert ACIS in AutoCad.

4: You can now manipulate and plot your file in AutoCad as you need to!

When I tried this, the stl I saved has no solid data, therefore I can't convert it to a SAT file. What am I missing?

Scott

I've been a member for a few months, but have only posted once or twice. Lots of good tips here. Thanks to all.

On this topice: I can't figure out how to "print screen" in verify, could someone point me in the right direction.

Al,

You mentioned copying to the clipboard. How do you do that?

Thanks

Yes!

It will print the backround black. I always bring it into paint and sub the black with white. I dont do alot of the print from verify so the extra steps I have to go through are every now and then. If you need to do this routinely cmtJody might have the best solution.

Good Luck!

tongue.gif

+1 KANNON123

Thats exactly the way we copy to the clipboard its super easy and you can copy our to any program you like. Setting a Key is easy once you scroll down and find the funtion (copy to clipboard) that you want.

Have a great day

Al

Just as a side note:

Paint Shop Pro has a capture screen feature where you can open PSP, tell it to capture "window", go to the program window you want to capture (i.e. MC), right mouse click, and it brings the screen right into Paint Shop Pro for editing. I use to use it all the time at one place I worked, don't have it anymore though frown.gif

Al