Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NEWS FLASH: Teenage Daughter Drives Mastercam User To The Brink

Luther_Heggs

Last year I figured I was ready for pretty much anything. I'm not physically huge but I'm no small fry either and in pretty good shape. All her friends say I look like a state cop. Then I saw the high school football team practicing over summer vacation. Holy sh*t - these guys looked like grown men (200lbs+, beards, attitudes).

I'd better think of a new strategy - physical intimidation ain't gonna cut it...

I've also, been there - done that. Never again!! Find a way to go directly to grandchildern, much better!!(so far)

BerTau

"Never again' is much too strong, I am proud of and happy for my girls, we did have a great time. I just couldn't do it again!!

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: BerTau ]

toby,

I don't think it quite that bad, but I've got a suggestion.

Start sending the phone company an extra

$50/month. That way you'll have a good surplus built up. You are going to have

someSTUNNING phone bills!

eek.gif

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: gcode ]

Hi

I have the exact same thing as luther

"14 years old, and pretty. First year in high school. First 3 days "older" boys are calling my house."

So i'm thinking to myself:::::::somewhere in the futre my daughter's first date will say Cassie , that old pickup truck with one headlight has been following me all night.And Cassie will say "oh thats my dad"

A friend of mine has two sets of girl twins.

The older pair are 16 now and he refuses to be nice to any boy that calls. In fact he is just downright rude. This may work for now but I see it may come back to bite him the arse!

Myself I have three boys and it is already starting with "Ashley's locker is next to mine!" Oh boy here we go.

...And just think, I bet alot of us were in the same shoes that these boys were in.

Advice: use the knowledge that you utilized to outsmart your girlfriends' fathers when you were their age. That way, you know the little ........ can't outsmart you. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

PS : I think today's younger generation are probably alot more informed than we were about alot of things. I'm sure you can trust them and give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to making important decisions.

JMHO

Well, they may be more "informed", but probably with as much *bad* stuff as good. Deluged with "Bill Clinton's EatinAintCheatin", MTV (which is NOT sanctioned viewing in my house), The Thong Song, BackItUp, etc) they know a real lot.

She's a good kid, but got the intermitant flakyness of a 14 year.

I know what I was doing when I was fourteen, and she better not even try half of it. I'll see it coming before she even thinks of it.

TO ARMS MEN!!! FATHER'S UNITE!!!

Ah, back to school time again. New lockers, new classes, new teachers, new girls (or guys) to chase after. This thread takes ya back, don't it? biggrin.gif

Luther, hang in there. The new season of Dawson's Creek should be starting soon, so that'll keep her occupied. And if that's not her thing, then 14 isn't too young to start learning Mastercam, is it? smile.gif

I was 19 years old when my daughter was born .. I figured the positive side of things was that I would still be young enough to be able to deal with a teanager as it wasn't so long ago I went thru it ...well she's 16 now .. grey hair started at the age of 29 ..I'm 35 now ..and I don't understand squat about a 16 yr old ... boy was I wrong ..

You know what else makes ya puke - COLLEGE COSTS.

Holy cow - log on to one of those financial aid calculators just to find out ouy have to be making only 15K a year and have 3 kids to qualify. You what else - there's a checkbox there to say whether or not your a citizen of the USA !!!!

You mean to tell me that a fugitive from another country that has no job and has somehow managed to get here qualifies for college financial aid ?!?!?!

I want my *voluntary* tax payments back.

Luther, I believe it. At the university in Michigan that I graduated from, there was a guy from Thailand that majored in the same thing as me and he had an American student loan. For some reason, I wasn't allowed to apply for one (I don't think). That's ok though. Paying back my loan to the Canadian federal gonvernment is enough for me; paying back two loans would suck even worse smile.gif

'COLLEGE COSTS'

This website is really worth checking out to help save for college expences. Some businesses will add money to a 529 college fund if you buy stuff from them. (Examples: McDonalds, AT&T, Exxon, Toys-R-Us).

"Explore tax benefits for college savings,

Tax-free 529 savings plans are to college

what 401(k)s are to retirement."

http://www.upromise.com/

Boy, am I glad I don't have any kids. Two months ago I got two kittens for my old lady to keep her happy. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I just don't see my self with a minivan. All the money I make, I get to spend it on ME. We both split the rent and living costs which leaves me with $3500 a month to spend on anything I want.

There are some days when I think that it would be nice to have a little guy running around here and then I read from you or others how expensive it is to have a kid, I change my mind right away. frown.gif

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: beav700 ]

I used to think the same way "beav700" did. Now, if I was not able to come home evryday and see my boys and have them wanting to wrestle or play baseball or go on bike rides, there would be nothing worth living for. If I did not have kids when I did, I would probably be dead now. Kids are the truest "investment" I could ever have.

Trevor

Well, I wouldn't trade the good parts for any amount of money. My kids are what life's all about. It's the stressful parts I would trade. And no, I don't need the stressful parts as contrast to recognize the good parts.

Bad parts: kids fighting, sometimes lack of money, messy house, worn out wife, way-too-long dance recitals (I only like to watch my kid - not the entire town's - and they don't let you leave), not enough time to be all places at all times for each kid.

Good parts (trying not to get too misty eyed here): smiles, hugs, laughs, proud-to-be-their-dad moments, and the heart melting "I love you, Dad"s at the end of the day.

Hopefully, you get back what you put in. That's what I'm counting on anyway...