Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NEWS FLASH: Teenage Daughter Drives Mastercam User To The Brink

Luther_Heggs

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

This topic is great. My eyes are watering and my side hurts reading this.

I tell you what, I'd rather be in the poorhouse with my wife and 3 boys than to be wealthy and alone. They are such a joy (not always biggrin.gif ) but by far most of the time that I just cannot imagine life without them. If we were ever to be blessed with having a girl I'd certainly be excited, at least until she started being interested in boys wink.gif

sometimes I feel a little left out by not having (real) kids. My wife and I are childless by choice and have two dogs (check out my website) that we truly adore, spoil and treat as good (some friends say better) than children. We include them in our plans whenever we can.

Then I hear about people having problems with theirs and I don't feel too bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing my dogs to anyones kids, but I do have less grey hair than most people my age.

any how just my 2 cents worth

this forum is great!! biggrin.gif

Wow,

What a topic.

1) Invite the boy's in...Don't let them walk on you though.(Hey turn a light on in there)!

and the Door stays open!(these tactic's Worked on me)

They are searching for what they can get away with and where they can get away with it.(The Boy's)

Luther by posting this it show's that you care!

Your already halfway home!

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: Tony ]

Just for an example, back-to-school shopping came in at about $800. This does NOT include spring or winter clothes that they will need because they grow about a foot a day and don't fit in anything you bought last week. Soccer cleats ain't cheap, basketball sneakers either.

"Son... son...... SON! Put down that $120 pair of sneakers and let's go see what they have on the clearance rack."

"Daughter... daughter...... DAUGHTER! Put down that micro-mini skirt and let's go see what they have on the Christian-Conservative rack."

After a while I only did a light "back to school" shopping trip because after the first day of school most of the new items were parked in the closet because it wasn't exactly what everyone else was wearing no matter how expensive. Best time to shop is after the first week or so, then you have a better handle on "what's cool" no matter how rediculous it looks. Do I sound bitter?

Jim