Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Back plotting software

FRED CRETELLA

I would agree. MC's backplot is fine, no? You can view in 4 viewports, save backplot as geometry [on another level if you prefer - usually its best to], change all kinds of settings, show tool or tool holder also. Plenty of neat stuff.

Backplotting drill operations will not show pecks. Not sure if X will. Hope so. Still, no biggie.

----------------------------------------------------

I have never backploted an exsisting g code program in Mastercam

-------------

I believe you have to reverse post it and I'm not sure it works all that well. Do a search for reverse post.HTH!

Sorry...The question wasn't very clear... Maybe running a reverse post will give you what you're looking for. It is supposed to create geometry of your toolpath. Do a search for reverse post processing on the forum. Personally, I have never tried it. There are other members that have had success with it in the past...

Actully Peter the Predator one supports more then the Cimco as for backplot of code.

You can actully get it to show stock to.

But the Cimco one is nice.

Here is a screen shot of backploting some code.

predbackplot.gif

[ 05-27-2005, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: cadcam, From CCCS ]

Peter ,it does not true varifacation as it does not detect a collsion if it acures.

But it does support mutli axis in this mode to.

Peter, you need to see the new Virtual Ver 6 It is really slick compared to version 5 and under faster and better WAY better graphics with Machine sim.