Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe only c-axis contour

DavidB

I can't believe Mastercams full version of Lathe can't do Y-axis machinig.

Therefore if I had a shop with only Lathe machines, with Y-axis capabilities. I would have to purchase Mastercam Lathe AND Mill? headscratch.gifcurse.gif

Also would I have to pay Maintanence on Lathe and Mill????????????????

quote:

What you are saying is a Y-axis toolpath can only be done with a MILLING toolpath

That was the only way I could get the Y axis

to output. Maybe someone else knows a different way.

At the very least you need a copy of Mill Level 1

added to your lathe seat. My dealer knew this

right away. I won't comment on your dealer as

that would probably be a TOS violation tongue.gif

Well,

Today I finally got an answer from my reseller.

I have to purchase Mill leve1 1 as an addon for my Lathe only seat to be able to do Y-axis machining.

I also have to pay Maintenance for the Mill addon on top of the Lathe maintenance I already paid???????????

headscratch.gif

DavidB

If your planing on intricate milling on your lathe then yes I would get mill 1. If your only planning on simple milling and holes I would do it by hand because it is simple to do if you know manual miull programming. X is the same as milling, Double the Y coordinate and change the letter from Y to C.

DavidB

I didn't see the beginning of this tread. Seems You know what to do your just unhappy about the mill seat and Maintenance. Don't blame you I would be too. mad.gif

Hey look up. Looks Like my sharks and diver are competing in synchronized swimming

Glenn,

What you did on the vidoe we can achieve,but you can't machine a slot running parrellel with the Z-axis thats not on the centre line.Or drill a cross hole thats not going through the part on the centre line.

With a Lathe only seat of MC cross hole drilling that's not on the centre line eg:Lock wire holes,or grooves running in Spindle axis that are NOT on centre line can not be programed.

A milling level 1 addon is needed.

Gleen on your Video I noticed you have Cimco V5 where is this available from?I currently have V 4.32?Thanks for your effort in replying cheers.gifcheers.gif

[ 06-07-2005, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: DavidB ]

Glenn,

Thank you so much.

My MC reseller came into today to install the Mill addon.I showed him your Video Cross ctr.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

It was a post issue all along and the Mill addon is not required.So you have saved us $.

I owe you a beer or two mate thanks cheers.gifcheers.gif

Glenn,

Got the Cross ctr working great.

But how do you get a cross hole thats not on centre line working?

It keeps rotating the point so it's going from the drilling point through the centre.

Do you have to make a T/plane for cross drilling?

cheers.gifcheers.gif