Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mcam X to sw2006???

MACHINEMASTERG

my eng manager just came back from a sw2006 seminar and the question is will mcam X be compatable rite out of the box with the next sw2006 im guessin parasolid version wise or the mcam direct any one have a clue on this ????beta guys ???what version is the parasolid translater my 9.1 is 14.1 is it any higher than that if you can say ?????thank you ...G

SW06 to X and back with parasolids is no problem.

I honestly don't know what version of parasolid I'm using cause I have had ZERO problems with it.

edit: bt default, SW06 saves parasolids as v16.1

X opens them with no trouble at all.

quote:

gcode, are you beta testing both

Yes. SolidWorks 2006 is at PreRelease 2

X is at beta*** ( censored) tongue.gif

I don't know if X will read a sldprt file

directly. I never use them.

I use only use parasolids because I can control

the landing in Mastercam with SW cooridinate systems

edit: I jst tried opening an SW06 sldprt file in X

and it wouldn't do it. The default parasolid export of the same file opens in X without problems.

Pete,

It would be great to get an update on the MCDirect with X. Meaning the full support of the type of solids that won't import right now with MCDirect. I use this feature EVERY DAY and still don't have the stupid mill feature on the drop down in SW.

Thanks Gcode and Pete, I'm not trying to pressure anyone. Just curious here because our design department is SW and in the shop were MC. We usually wait till the 1st SP of SW is out before we go to a full install on everyone in the office. Management there also likes to know and be up to date on MC and the compatibility with SW. We've really come to depend on that feature for the versatility within the shop and office with file coordination.

Thanks much

Brad

• 4 months later...

X SP1 imports SolidWorks 2006 .SLDPrt files. The original release of X did not because SW2006 had not yet been released when X was released.

There is a MastercamDirect X for SW 2005/2006 on our websiter.

I don't know if RandleXX is pulling our chain when he says...

------------------

"From SW to X and back and forth with complete solid history"

------------------

...because we certainly cannot pass our solids history tree to SolidWorks, though MCDirect will read theirs.