Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Practical self-explanatory tutorial

Mr. Deepak-R

Mr. Deepak-

Well, I have paid the money for the books, Mike M. CDs and work 10 hour days and put time in after work, doing MC at home,(if I have the extra time) great help with peeps in here for about 2 years now, and still don't think I could get a job at it, but Im still working at that smile.gif

I guess the real problem I have is no confidence in what posts to use for what machines, because I have only run a few CNC type machines and even setup less CNC machines.

I am better at MC then using the machines, except for manuals btw.

I believe I'm better then most on manuals, but so ignorant when it comes to CNCs to be honest about it.

and I still don't have a good concept of solids yet or sufacing.

2d and 3D seem simple now though

Just my $$$.02

Mike

quote:

Say has anyone heard from Mr. Deepak???

HAH! yes he sent me an email wanting me to send him my notes so he can learn Mcam.Says he's been using Mcam for years now but still doesn't know it.

dude...seriously!

if you wouldn't have bought the black market version of this software,it would have come with books and some classes you could take.

05-July-2005,

Hi Everybody,

After reading through all the responses from all of you, I should first of all thank you for your truthful expressions of your opinions.

Secondly, I have realised how much of efforts you all must have put in, in order to achieve expertise in Mastercam.

Well, earlier, I had been employed in small-scale proprietory factories where I had seen MC-experts programming, and I too casually tried my hands onto it. Inbetween, I attended some fast-track courses too, where the turors quickly ran me through the sample files examples of MC, and I couldnot grasp much. Not that I am totally lay.

All these compelled me to approach this forum.

This is indeed a good forum of good experts. I shall post questions only for specific hurdles which I may encounter, rather than being vague or expecting too much.

Thanks to A-L-L once again, and sorry for taking this much of your time.

Regards,

DEEPAK-R

Mr. DEEPAK-R,

Your request is not as difficult as you think.

Try just drawing a box 100mm x 100mm in Mastercam and mill around this box at .01 deep.

Screen shot every move and paste it into a Word document. Then try writing a tutorial within Word - go the step by step or follow the bouncing ball method. (I did an example on the ftp regarding an application in Solidworks and Inventor - it's still there as a zip file I believe).

Even this much will take quite an effort. Once this is done you will think of your request in a slightly different light. The glory of this exercise is that you will finally learn Mastercam since in fact through simple practice comes simple expertise.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

Mr. Deepak-R,

Jack Mitchell expresses it best with this quote:

quote:

Even this much will take quite an effort.

Mastercam is a great tool for programming CNC equipment. As with any other tool, one has to be formally trained in its use. It is a complex tool however so it cannot be learned in a "fast-track" style classroom. The industrial reseller network is setup to provide each purchaser of a Mcam license the opportunity to attend formal training. I am an instructor with a VAR of Mastercam. It is my job to produce and maintain written tutorials to be given to those who attend our training. Even this is something which takes much time. Many who respond on this forum are working full time to produce parts. They don't have the time to write tutorials. Get formal training from your reseller. Hopefully you will be instructed by someone such as myself, one who has actual work experience setting up, operating, and programming CNC equipment. Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secondly, I have realised how much of efforts you all must have put in, in order to achieve expertise in Mastercam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not at all .

First of all you learn to have sound basic knowledge (took me day and the half reading books and palying with prog)

After that you start work solving rising ? by the way .

You read books ,helps,all availible info and play with Mastercam any free minute .

THAT`S HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE expertise in Mastercam.

This is a hard way and it works great when you are

not afraid of it .