Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

changing the post

Jeff the haas_guy

I am trying to change the post so the format posts the way I write programs.

G0G90T1M6

G43H1S1000M3

X Y (FIRST HOLE DIMENSION) Z3.M8

G81R.1Z-.05F3.

So far I cant get the h1 not to be h31.

And the first hole dimension is x0 y0

for the second tool the correct hole dimension comes out.

any help on this?

quote:

So I get the impression that when asking questions about the post, you get totally ignored.

Is that pretty acurate?

Not at all, sometimes you need to be a little patient.

Not a post guru, but it'll help if you post some before

and after (mod) code.

It'll make easier for someone to help you.

Im more of a trial and error post editor myself.

PEACE biggrin.gif

quote:

Im more of a trial and error post editor myself.

When does the error end and the trial begin????

wink.gif

haas_guy,

no one is shrugging you off. They are trying to show you you need to research your problems first. Gcode and John13 are excellent help for problems. If you're anything like me you learn better and remember better if you find the answer yourself rather than have it handed to you. wink.gif

It was how do I get H31 in my output. The reference guide tells you how to do this. It is not in the post at all. If you go to your machine definition and look at some of your tabs one of them is for tool definition. You can then select "add to" and this will permentaly add a constant value to either or or both your D and H values. X took alot of stuff for post definintions and placed it into the Machine and control definitions. You must do it through machine definition page if you want to get things to stick.

Just for future reference, ( and I am trying to be friendly and not sarcastic)attitude in this forum will get you alot of attention (not necessarily the kind you want) and then totally ignored. People are willing to help out, but all of us have our hands full learning a new version and we are having to set and read the reference material just like everyone else. Right or wrong when someone comes in with a question that is quickly accessible in the ref material we will point you in that direction, because people often learn something else when they are looking it up. Then they will have information to share with others. Also look at old posts on tool height and diameter offsets. This has been covered before in a number of post.

If I have learned one thing from this forum it is that everyone here is willing to help those that help themselves. Hang around awhile and you will see that pretty much everyone is helpful, even to a "Wolverine Fan" wink.gif

Go WILDCATS

I would also add, "Call your dealer". I had a problem with a converted post as well. One call to the dealer, and about 45 min's on the phone, and it was fixed. I have also had great luck with calling CNC software when my dealer has been unavailable. That IMHO is probable the best thing about mastercam. The product support is the greatest. This sight runs a close 2nd.

Glenn

I appreciate the input on this problem. I spent some time today at work modifying the post and got quite a bit done in a few hours.

I may have also come across a bit harsh and that was not my intention.

I have not had a chance to go over the manual I am still expected to perform well at work even though I am learning this software. I have not worked with mastercam for three years. Level 7 was the last I used mastercam.

Thanks for all your help.

Just make sure and go through the machine definition manager to get to the control definition. I have had trouble with things sticking otherwise.

When you get into the control definition it is down towards the bottom make sure and set all of the operational defualts that you use. I spent about and hour setting these up and now I saw 4or5 mins everytime a do a toolpath.

"The op defaults are part of the control definition"

This is not entirely true. The control definition does allow you to modify operation defaults, but the operation defaults reside in a seperate file. You can also access your operation defaults via a machine group in the operation manager.

"Just make sure and go through the machine definition manager to get to the control definition. I have had trouble with things sticking otherwise."

Let me try to clarify this for you. When you enter the machine definition manager or the control definition manager via the Machine Type dropdown, you edit the global copy of the machine or control def (the one that is actually saved on your hard drive). Modifying something here will "stick" the next time you create a machine group using that definition.

When you create a machine group, a local copy of the machine and control definitions are created. These local copies are a snapshot in time. Changes made to these copies via the operations manager only effect the machine group they reside in. The changes are NOT saved to the hard drive global copy (so they do not "stick" the next time you create a machine group).

The best suggestion I can offer it to make all of the changes you want to "stick" in Design mode (with no machine groups loaded). Go to the Machine Type dropdown and select either Machine Definition Manager or Control Definition Manager from there. This way there will be absolutely no confusion, you absolutely know that the changes you make will be there when you call up a machine using those definitions.

Well I have been succesfull at most of the new operations and menus in "X". The page or pages I can't find are part of the toolpath menu. I'm looking for the entry/exit page in particular.

The default for mastercam has some values I would like to change to "0". Any help would be appreciated. I could not find anything in the user manual regarding this problem.

Paul,

Thanks for the clarification. I knew what was happening and figured out what to do, now I know why.

haas_guy,

If you are refering to lead in lead out I found them under the control definition defualt operations tab. I opened up countour for example and went the second page of the parameters. I checked lead in lead out and here I was able to set my lead in lead out line and arc values, as well as wether they were tangent or perpendicular.

Is this what you were looking for? I will be here about 10 more mins. Otherwise I will check back in the morning.

I know about that page. I'm looking for the page that sets the values when you first open the page. When we purchased mastercam, there are some values set in there that were set in the software. I want to be able to set them all to "0". A default page will do that. I could set them in past versions of mastercam.

quote:

I spent some time today at work modifying the post and got quite a bit done in a few hours.

Haas_guy,

We are all still learning about ver X. Even us dealers.

From your name, I assume you are using a Haas. I think we have a pretty good Haas post that has been highly refined. (We have a Haas simulator at our office to test with)

Since you are in my area, if you find something that is not right or should work differently with the Haas post, please let me know. We will change it, document it and return it to you quickly.

Our Haas post is solid. You should not have to spend any time modifing a Haas post... unless you just want to.

Please call me at 765-778-2020, or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.