Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X SP1 - Instructions - Read this first

We are pleased to announce to all Mastercam X customers that SP1 is available for all users to download and install immediately. SP1 is intended for everyone, even those without active maintenance.

There are 3 methods for performing the update depending on if your computer has a highspeed internet connection or not. The SP1 update is about 125 megabytes in size and could require a long time on a dial-up connection. The actual speed of the download will depend on the number of systems asking for the update at the same time.

Mastercam X computer with a Highspeed internet connection:

1. - Go to the Help drop-down menu and select Update Mastercam. Mastercam will automatically use your internet connection to go to the update service website and check for updates.

2. - If updates are found the Mastercam Update Manager dialog box will appear with the names of the available updates.

3. - Check the Mastercam X Service Pack 1 option and then select OK.

4. - You will be prompted to close Mastercam, at which time the Update Manager will remain open and perform the update.

If you have more than one computer running Mastercam X you may want to follow the instructions in the Mastercam X computer with a slow internet connection to reduce the total time it takes to update all of your systems. Otherwise repeat the above steps on every one of your computers.

check the Save files to Update Another Computer option. This will download the update and save it on your system which will speed up the update process on other computers in your shop by eliminating the download process. Make sure you save the update file to it's own directory with no other files present.

5. - When downloading the file for doing the update you will be prompted to shutdown Mastercam for the process to continue. It is very important that you place the update file in it's own directory before executing it. No other files can be present for the update to work correctly.

Mastercam X computer with a slow internet connection:

1. - On any computer with a highspeed connection use this link to go to the update service and download the update file. http://updates.mastercam.com/x/sp1/servicepack001.exe

2. - Copy the downloaded file to USB memory stick, a CD, or a place on your network.

3. - If you have a slow internet connection you will want to execute the service pack directly by double-clicking on the servicepack001.exe.

4. - The process will run silently. The only indication it is running will be a process called... running on your task bar. As soon as the process is completed you will be ready to run Mastercam SP1.

Mastercam X computer with no internet connection:

1. - On any computer with a highspeed connection use this link to go to the update service and download the update file. http://updates.mastercam.com/x/sp1/servicepack001.exe

2. - Copy the downloaded file to USB memory stick, a CD, or a place on your network.

3. - Go to the Help drop-down and select Update Mastercam. The software will detect that you do not have an internet connection and prompt you for the location of the update. Browse to the directory where you have servicepack001.exe located and select it.

4. - You will be prompted to close Mastercam, at which time the Update Manager will remain open and perform the update.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian - Yes there is a Readme.htm file in the documentation directory under McamX. We fixed a lot, but we did not get everything.

To those who are Dealers or Beta Sites... If you grabbed a version on the 15th when we announced it to you there is no need to grab it again. It is the same thing, we used you as test rodents...

Yes, me.

Error 1334 Mccore.dll cannot be installed, file not found in CAB file: PCW_CAB-FAMILY1

Error 1335. The cabinet file 'PCW_CAB_Family1' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, ar a problem with this package.

Internal Error 2350

Error 1603 Fatal Error. Windows installer help msi.chm or msdn

What now?

Andy

I updated sp1 today.SP1 shows in the upper left hand corner which would tell me I updated sucessfully????

If I got to op manager and select edit common paramaters ...I do not have the new selections "change nc file name" and "change pgm #"

I read the bug fixes in the HTM file and these should be there.

Did I not install correctly?

"Will this upgrade work on the demo version of X?"

No, the demo version is a stand alone and will not be updated.

"I updated sp1 today.SP1 shows in the upper left hand corner which would tell me I updated sucessfully????

If I got to op manager and select edit common paramaters ...I do not have the new selections "change nc file name" and "change pgm #"

I read the bug fixes in the HTM file and these should be there.

Did I not install correctly?"

Change nc file name and change program number appear in the right click itself, not in the edit common parameters dialog. Select the operations you wish to effect (i.e. - click the group button to select them all) then right click - select Edit selected operations and then either Change NC Filename... or Change Program #...