Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

In all Honesty..

quote:

I loaded the latest X patch today and will try it out after the Holidays.

Tony,

You may encounter a minor problem with the new update patch as described here in gcode's recent post. I'm sure CNC will rectify it quickly next week, but be aware that there is a reported glitch in the latest update.

I also understand your frustration with switching over 100% to X. I find it slow going at times also and sometimes I wish I could go back to V9 when I need something done quickly. I don't have a choice, however, because I had to 'cut the cord' to V9 when I swapped my sim.

eek.gifwink.gif

Now I'm flying solo with X and making the best of it. I know it's been said before, but the more I use X the more I like it and the faster I'm getting. It's just a learning curve like anything else. Hang in there and keep plugging away with X and the speed and confidence you had with V9 will come. biggrin.gif

2 man shop here with one cnc man...me...

trying to learn X but using 9.1 to get anything done Only about a 2 yr, user of MC and just got profecient at 9.1 so the X change is a little frustrating for me I'm sure I'll learn it but it will be alot of late nights for no pay..anyone else in this boat? Went through the same thing with the hasp but guess where I found the answer at 10 pm ....yep here at the old forum ...thanks guys

Tom

quote:

I'm sure I'll learn it but it will be alot of late nights for no pay..anyone else in this boat?

Tom,

There are quite few indivuals on the forum who are versed in more than one CAD or CAM system. Learning how use all of this power does not come either cheaply or without personal cost. It will only serve you better because you have a skill that is honed and quite marketable. Myself, I probably have as many if not more "free" hours logged while I learn, tinker and hone my skills. I'll bet if you asked you would find a great many of them do a good deal of "stuff" on their own time. It's your call though I suppose no one is forcing you to do it.

I have the Hasp at home on many nights and occasionally the UG key. I run demos of many softwares to stay current and on top of what's happening out there. If you employer will let you do it on your own time, it is only an investment in yourself.

cheers.gif

Just a question? Is it alright to load mastercam on more than 1 computer if you are only using one hasp? I wanted to do that so I could bring MC home at night to learn X and work on post and VB's. Our IT guy (who I will say is only looking out for our companys best intersts) said that acording to MC licensing agreement that that was a no-no. I would love to do that also just to get better at X. It is hard to work on new skills during the day at work when there is so much going on. We stay pretty busy just writing programs for the shop.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You can load MC on EVERY computer on the planet and so long as you do not try to circumvent the Hardware Protection Device (HASP, Dongle, SIM, etc...) you are fine. Basically you are governed by wherever the HASP is that that time. If o utake your HASP home, you can run it at home. If the HASP is at work, then you can run it at work.

How you can prove this to him is to Open the "mlicense.pdf" in the Mcam9 folder and read the "Restrictions" section. This is what pertains to your situation for the most part.

HTH

Well, that didn't work either, but it did knock me out of X. Hasp not found on both of them after running the hasp utility on V9. Had to run the hasp setup, then utility on X to get it back. Something tells me I need to find that file Mike was talking about.

OK...I downloaded and installed the DriverX file. Now I can run V9 again, but wondering why I should even think about it...

headscratch.gif

My company is converting me over to program and run our new Deckel without Mastercam, so all I've learned in V10 will probably be quickly forgotten. I'm not real happy with this development, but I guess I must simply bite the bullet and make the best of it... frown.gif