Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Result Button

kathy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger Martin,

The ALLResult C-Hook does not always seem to work the same as the Xform Result button in the Select All dialog box. For example, select an entity and then the Xform Translate function. Copy the entity to a new position and click Apply to be able to select more entities to Translate. If you use the Xform Result function in the Select All dialog box and End Selection you are back in the Translate dialog box. But if you use the ALLResult function the Translate dialog box closes and you are left with selected entities. Please let me know if I am using this C-Hook the wrong way with Xform Translate.

Steve,

It is nothing that you are doing wrong.

Since AllResult is a separate function you are executing, the current active function, if any (XFORM is this case) will be terminated.

So what you are seeing is expected.

But...

Since what AllResult does is so simple, there is a way to tell the system not to end the active function when it is run.

In the AllResult.FT file, add the INLINE -->

FUNCTION CPP "SelectResult"

CALL_FUNC "m_main"

PARAM 1

SBMP 18014

LBMP 18015

TIP 1

INLINE

END_FUNCTION

quote:

Should "INLINE" be the default, if the Xform Result button in the Select All dialog box works this way?

Does not matter if "that's the way the Select All dialog works".

It's "How do you want the AllResult C-Hook command to work?" that is important.

If you like the INLINE behavior, great. If not, don't put it into the FT.

Steve,

You're Correct.

The description I had above about how it works with/without the INLINE option should be documented in the AllResult.TXT file.

Note that AllResult C-Hook is just a one-off that I did on my own.

I saw Kathy's request/question and thought - "I bet I can do somethig for that". headscratch.gif

It is not and there are no plans for it to be will not be part of the official X release.

Read: You will not find it on the install.

• 1 month later...