Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

1628:...update 3 (or lack thereof)

gti_jay

Can't install update 3.

Why?

The ONLY thing I get is a box that says:

1628:

Thats it. ABSOLUTLY nothing else.

"1628" is very helpful information. thank you mastercam.

When is MR1 coming out? Now that my posting is all screwed up, and seemingly I cannot update, I'm pissed. curse.gifmad.gif

Just curious, what os are you running?

Maybe someone that is running the same version can tell you if they found a work around.

From what I read some guys completely uninstalled X, deleted the mcamx directory. Then did their re-install and it worked.

And it might help to check that you have the latest windows updates and your temp directory is empty. Before you re-install

Thanks Slepydremr,

I'm running XP. up to date.

I think I might try the complete reinstall.

Nothing else has worked. I've done everything on that rubbish website, nothing helped.

And it never fails, I need to post tons of programs TODAY, and I can't because they don't post right anymore due to update 2. banghead.gif

This must be some kind of sick joke?!?!

I cannot uninstall ANY mastercam component now.

And I can't re-install the software at all?!?

It is becoming clear that it's an installer problem and not an mcam issue. What could have possibly happened to my installer software. Oh yeah, it's a microsoft product.

curse.gifcurse.gif

quote:

The ONLY thing I get is a box that says:

1628:

quote:

I cannot uninstall ANY mastercam component now.

And I can't re-install the software at all?!?

I've ran into this same exact problem on many computers. I got it to work by:

[*]make sure Windows Installer 3.1 is installed (you can get it from Windows Update/Microsoft Update)

[*]delete anything not modified today in C:Documents and Settings[your_user_name]Local SettingsTemp

[*]uninstall HASP drivers

[*]delete the Mcamx directory (back up any posts and whatnot first)

[*]delete HKLMSoftwareCNC Software, Inc.Mastercam X

[*]delete HKCUSoftwareCNC Software, Inc.Mastercam X

[*]delete Registry entries containing "{47A8ED18-BABE-42F7-A387-7F8D48F4EC03}"

[*]delete Registry entries containing "{84B6C15E-6604-4A5B-93BA-E862E806783D}"

[*]delete C:Program FilesInstallShield Installation Information{47A8ED18-BABE-42F7-A387-7F8D48F4EC03}

[*]reboot

[*]reinstall X and hope the problem doesn't happen again when you apply the updates

If you go that route, be careful! There are a lot of things to be done in the Registry and incorrectly deleting or modifying anything in there can render your computer unbootable.

quote:

It is becoming clear that it's an installer problem and not an mcam issue. What could have possibly happened to my installer software. Oh yeah, it's a microsoft product.

I don't know if it's a Windows Installer problem or not. I'd chalk it up to the InstallShield installer, if I had to wager anything.

Install went without a hitch for me.

IT guy came in, logged on, I unplugged the usp hasp, ran the update, checked it with the script, ran the program, IT guy logged out, I logged in and am back up and running, I was down for all of 5 minutes.

I also got 1628 error. This is how I got it to work. I downloaded and installed windows installer 3.1 manually (windows updater didnt found it) then installed SP1.3 straight from the file I downloaded from mastercams page, got an error that said: could not locate file E:bindatamastercamxmastercam x.msi, so I inserted mastercam X cd and ran the update again.

Mine installed okay, but I did notice errors posting out drilling cycles after the installation. Some people were saying all that changed in update 3, was the mcpost.dll file. So I copied that pre update 3 file from one the other pc's here onto mine and it posts okay now. It sounds like a cnc software issue.

Ver X update 3

Ver 9.1 MR0105

OS XP Professional

quote:

So I copied that pre update 3 file from one the other pc's here onto mine and it posts okay now. It sounds like a cnc software issue.

You just performed "Undo" on your update.

The files MCPOST.DLL and MP.DLL, were tossed around a lot Thanksgiving weekend after the release of Service Pack 1 Update 2.

It might be a post issue, not a CNC Software issue. Check this thread here .

HTH

I had sent my dealer my post, mmd and control files and he plugged them into his system and he said it was working fine, thats why I thought it might be a software issue. ???? Maybe he hasn't ran update 3. I'll have to ask him. Everything seems to be okay now. Tnanks for the thread dwsz71, it looked like the same issue I was experiencing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

After installing the update I started having problems with drilling cycles. Now I am screwed. I have re-installed Mcamx 3 times now. It has gotten to the point that I cannot even open mastercam from the desktop - and my reseller has been informing what to do all the way!

AHHHHH

Ron