Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do I......

MIL-TFP-41

This is my biggest frustration with X. In V9 I commonly used create point position midpoint..or endpoint. Or create line vertical center...or midpoint. Basically one could override the autocursor by telling Mcam where you wanted the geometry you create to start (or end). Now in X, you go to create a line...you must SLOWLY drag the cursor over your geometry and look for the tiny autocursor to highlight whatever posistion (midpoint, endpoint, ect) you want to create the geometry at. This becomes a royal pain if you have a few lines sharing the same space.

So...how do I do this in X similar to how it was done in 9...

Pat,

There is no setting to make it stick. I think this is both good and bad. When I have to select the same type of entity consecutively, it would be good. When I want to grab the midpoint just this time, and it stuck, I think that would be bad. Personally, I rarely have to use anything beyond what autocursor snaps to.

Thad

anyone try right clicking and selecting which function they want to use in auto cursor. Sort of like the old v9. I default it to point or midpoint most of the time,depending on what I am doing, and nothing else. This way I don't have to worry about what it is finding.

The only problem I really have right now with X is all my points go away when I geometry nest. This is a HUGE PROBLEM!!!

Best of luck to all and to all a good night!!1

Thad,

I don't know of a technical term for it, and none of the videos from Mcam I've seen call it anything. I think if I were to call it anything, I would call it the fastpoint toolbar.

For those of us out there who want that to be more useful, you may try putting a flyout in your right mouse button to have this option there. It's in the autocursor category.

HTH

quote:

Having the selection stick would virtually disable autocursor all together. The only thing the cursor would snap to at any given time would be what is selected in the override. Now *that* would suck!

I actually used this all the time in 9...say when doing a drilling cycle...disable the autocursor & pick point or arc center...enable the autocursor when you are done.

So yes...I would like to have the option of the selection "sticking"

James,

When drilling in V9, all you had to do was pick the arc. There was no need for autocursor. Besides, you'd still have to click center or point (or the hotkey) for each hole you selected (that is, if you went through the extra unnecessary steps to use autocursor when selecting drill points). The setting didn't stick in V9 either.

Thad

And what is funny is that Tanget is grey out on the one next to X,Y,Z but when you put in in the RMB it works fine.

John I had others set-up like that but I did add SNAP to my RMB after seeing your set-up.

Little tip to folks. Do a back of your config, bmp, mtb, and other files in a different folder than MCAMX you will be very happy you did.

HTH

quote:

And what is funny is that Tanget is grey out on the one next to X,Y,Z but when you put in in the RMB it works fine.

That is strange, same menu, in one it's available in one it's not.

I created new config, kmb and mtb files, that I backed up onto the network. The originals MCX ones are virgins and untouched smile.gif

I actually forget who it was but when X was first released he had that added to his RMB, I added it mine and it's one that thru the changes I've made adding and deleting things has stayed.