Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

is it mr1 or a dream?

Andrew Abken

The Update Manager looks at what's already installed on your computer.

I THINK THAT....

If you have SP1 update 3 installed, the Update

Manager will run.

If you have any beta version of MR2, it won't.

I do know that when they shipped MR2 to the beta site, they said it was OK to update SP1, but any

exsisting beta versions required a complete uninstall/reinstall

If it were me, I'd wait for the official word from CNC Software.

quote:

Mastercam X MR1/SP2 is now available. This download will install Mastercam X MR1/SP2. Your Sim will determine if this release runs as Maintenance Release 1 or Service Pack 2. Any system with a maintenance expiration date of Dec 1 or later will run as Maintenance Release 1.

Please note that this is the Web download version. Numerous sample files and documentation files were removed in order to minimize the size of the download. For the full CD installation, please contact your Mastercam reseller.

From the update manager. I guess you still have to get a cd from your reseller for full documentation.

quote:

2. Any system with a maintenance expiration date of Dec 1 or later will run as Maintenance Release 1.

A while back some folks were implying that CNC Software was dragging their feet to force people to renew their maintenance contracts to get MR1

I'd like to point out that they have backdated

MR1 to 2 weeks BEFORE the original announced

released date.