Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Update manager - Mastercam X MR1

bbrown01

After updating to Mastercam X MR1 I get the following error message when running Update Manager.

"The Update Manager could not locate the correct version of Mastercam X on your machine. You may need to run a repair operation from the Control Panel's Add / Remove Programss dialog.

Please report this to [email protected] with detailed desc."

Anyone else seen this?

-Brian

I just received this from the Quality Control group at CNC.

"This is occurring because there are no updates for MR1 at the time being. We are going to change the message that is received to something along the lines of "no updates are currently available" to avoid confusion. Thank-you."

Not sure this makes me feel any better since others that have successfully ugraded to MR1 are not getting the same message.

-Brian

All,

We have finally figured out what the problem was and it only affects those who followed the recommended install (go figure). For those who installed without removing the earlier X version this error will not occur as long as that version remains on the system.

The fix requires one file to be copied to your mr1 updateservice folder. This file will be made available during the day (1/19/05) via Mastercams website.

The MR1 installs are also being updated with this file so anyone who downloads int he future and isntalls will not need to copy this file from the website.

This only affects the update manager.

We will post to the forum once the file is available for download.

Sorry for mix up.

"The fix requires one file to be copied to your mr1 updateservice folder. This file will be made available during the day (1/19/05) via Mastercams website."

Hi Jim,

Has this fix been posted or has it been included in the MR1 installs? I can't seem to find it on the Mastercam website.

Thanks,

Brian