Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SIM disconnected error

Johnny

Hey guys, one of our seats has a USB hasp. Since updating to MR1 every so often (like once yesterday and twice in the last hour) we get this message on the screen saying "SIM disconnected Mastercam will automatically shut down etc etc" Sim is still in these and light is on. Hasn't happened on my PC with a Parallel Port Hasp Whats the deal here?

Help! confused.gif

Johnny,

I wish I could you help. We have one USB hasp and the rest are parallel. We swap them around from PC to PC, since some are ML3 and others are ML1. I *did* recently have a problem when swapping (since update 3), but it was unrelated.

Thad

We're still getting this "HASP has become disconnected, Mastercam will shut down..." error and its becoming very annoying.

There are definately no problems with the USB ports on the computer. It is only happening on the seat with a USB lock, and its only been happening since MR1 was installed. I've contacted my reseller and he just tels me to email [email protected] banghead.gif

gcode,

Our USB SIM is plugged straight into back of PC. I have removed MR1 from that computer and reinstalled SP1 update 3 and so far no problems with disconnected SIM error. This is definately a MR1 issue. QC haven't replied to my emails yet.

My PC has a parallel port SIM and I have had absolutely no problem with MR1 Go figure!!

• 4 months later...

Reading through I happened upon this thread.

I am using a 7 port USB hub at home, I don't want to have to climb under my desk everytime I plug in the USB Hasp, I am also full back there so I would have to move something else. Is there any way to get the computer not to drop the Hasp and cause a disconnection error?

Or is it pretty much unless you go direct to a port this is something I'm just going to have to deal with?

I've used an unpowered 2.0 hub with 3 SIMS on it for years with no trouble. Recently I added a 6ft extension cord between the computer and the hub. I started getting this problem. I removed the extension cord and the disconnect error went away.

I get this problem on my home PC all the time.

The sim goes straight in a USB hole in the front of my PC and it disconnects constanlly.

I pull the power out of my modem which is USB aswell and it seems to have helped cheers.gif

I've never seen this at work though.

I don't get this at work either.

It does seem somewhat random though.

I can go along for a hour or two, no problems. The the error message pops up, "sim has become disconnected", shut down. It might happen a couple of times in a short period, then settles down again.

I just kind of assume it is caused by the reading from the hub and having to scan all the ports to see if they are active.

:shrug:

We only ever fully sorted this problem out on the computer in my office by reformatting the hard drive and installing MCAMX MR1 on its own. All we could put it down to was that there were conflicts with older HASP drivers installed from earlier versions of Mastercam.

HTH

MC, gives me the ol' one chnace to save your work message and then shuts down. 99% it will restart immediately, on a couple of occasions I've had to change the slot the sim was in.

We plug our sims directly into USB slot in PC. Changing slots made no difference. We only ever had the problem on one computer thats why we put it down to being computer specific. Once we reformatted and installed a fresh MR1 we no longer had the problem.

This is really getting annoying.

I plugged the hasp into a different USB port yesterday, rebooted and all was fine for the rest of the day. This morning, I got the error again. I downloaded and installed drivers_x.zip from MC's website. I just got the error again.

What is the hasp_utilities.zip download at MC's support page?

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thad