Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can't project curves onto surface

AllenT

Not a toolpath I use often.

However, I do not see the option listed anywhere in the dialog boxes. I supposed that does not mean it's not there though. Is it possible that you should be using a finish parllel steep to cut the part if the walls are that steep?

Allen if you want to put your file on the FTP or email me I'll be glad to take a look at it.

Hi John

My file is up there,it's called "trouble#.MCX" in MCX files folder, I'd like to engrave on those surfaces, with V9, I used to project all the letters on to surfaces, and use 3D contour toolpath, must be a better way to do it? I don't have Mold Plus add-on, any recommendation?

Thanks

Allen,

I have your file I just did a finish project on the first 2, no problems. What is it you are trying to accomplish? Or are you getting toolpath errors?

Or do you not like the way it is jumping around to complete the path?

I placed a file jmp_TROUBLE#.MCX on the FTP. Is that what you are looking for?

Use project like you did but after you pick all the geometry, right click on geometery and try using sort. Try using the 2D sort, the very last choice, see how that works.

Check out the file I put up it does each one neatly, though I missed a couple, it goes back and gets.

quote:

If I am not mistaken we don't have to project the geometry anymore, right ?

Can't we leave the letters on whatever plane they were created and use a project toolpath ?

Matt, you are correct. There are two options. You can project the geometry onto the surfaces and then cut it, or leave the geometry at it's original plane and project the toolpath onto the surfaces.

Both of these options were available in V9 also.

Thad