Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trimming surfaces

Jeff the haas_guy

In Windows XP:

Start, Help and Support, Invite a friend to connect to your computer with remote assistance.

The easiest way is if you create a Windows Messenger account first. Then the actual connection seems to be easier...

Once you send the invitation to a specific contact and they accept, you release control of your computer to them. There are actually 2 levels. You can let somebody in enough to see what's on your monitor but not control it or you can totally release control and sit back while they control your PC through the internet. Awesome tool...

Good night all... E-mail me if you want to give it a shot Haas guy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would like to do is corner radius the picture found in mcx directory. Its called Trimming problem GV. I need to put a corner radius between the 1.0 radius on top and the angles, all around both surfaces.

Can someone help me with this?

Also, while your at it, let me know how you would toolpath this part, rough and finish.

Jeff

Like this ? I hate filleting surfaces... I am just not good at it. Do you have solids available ? To achieve the pictured result, I added a surface on the bottom to "close" the surface model then stitched the surfaces into a solid. Filleting is just a couple clicks after that. I am on demo at the moment but I can send it to you tomorrow perhaps...

What size fillet did you want ?

untitled5ma1.png

I'll try to get a .125 on there but I'm not sure if I can. The one pictured is .06 I tried .100 but MCAM couldn't swing it... Probably because of where it swings around the top... But I'll try to remember to give it hell in the AM...

Wait until you see how easy this type of thing is in solids. You're going to LOVE it once you get used to it..

I'll try to throw some paths on there too...

What type of tools would you like to use ? The toolpaths I would use are going to be Mill3 though... I am not sure what level you have now or whether you're just looking for examples or if you need something you can actually work with using your current mill level.

Are you going to be sending me a solids picture? We only have level 2 now. With the solids package you can toolpath solids and draw solids. Are they really that easy? Yes we need a .125 radius. And I would like to toolpath this the best way. Throw in the toolpaths and I will try to work something out. This job is not due this month so maybe I can hold off till we get updated to level 3 and solids.As far as tools, just wing it. I will work around it.

Jeff