Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR2

Bruce Caulley

Anyone hear a tentative release date? (I know, I know, when it is ready biggrin.gif )

I have a couple of smokin' 5 axis parts due for release shortly, and since some new improved options are "allegedly" included I would like to hold off a couple of weeks if at all possible.

cheers.gif

Bruce

I downloaded a 30 day trial of the "other good bits" i.e machine sim, and see that rather than running in backplot as it did in V9 it now posts and uses actual Gcode for simulation and crash detection. WOOHOO!

Anyone out there actually have this installed for real? I am keen to be able to iron out as much as possible in MC before getting to vericut, if vericut would be needed at all.

Bruce

I have it from a good source that it will be released very soon, i heard as early as today, the 10th of May. One of the major additions will be the inclusion of the camaix 5-axis software. Which is great for anybody like me doing intricate 5 axis work and are getting fed up with the limitations of mastercam X's 5-axis package.

Kevin

I just heard Pete say they were planning to release it ASAP....

Something tells me it's almost done....

Come on MR2 cheers.gif

That is not too bad actually....I would say upon Xs release, 80% of the major bugs that found from public beta were fixed within a year....

X is getting pretty good now biggrin.gif