Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Graphics Card

Reverend Turk

From a previous thread...

quote:

Here's some video cards that come in the Dell Mastercam Workstations.

NVIDIA Quadro® FX 350M 512MB TurboCacheTM (laptop)

NVIDIA Quadro® FX 4500

Here are the video cards that come in computers that our dealer sells with MC pre-loaded.

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT PCI-E 128MB

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT PCI-E 256MB

I guess you could say that these are MC approved.

Thad

get the 6800 GT AGP ($200) card. Using a utility called rivatuner you can make this into a Quadro FX4000($1500)

you must make sure that it is based on the nVidia NV-40 chip tho...otherwise you wind up with a decent (but not quadro) card.

I have done this with great success, using SPECviewperf as my benchmarking tool (an open GL benchmark), improving scores by a factor of 4 or greater

Rivatuner is pretty safe as long as you stay away from the overclocking section.

interesting the way it works...both the quadro FX4000 and the 6800 use the NV40 chip...so "unlocking" it is safe. Sometimes it does not work, the extra pipes in the 6800 chip sometimes are broke, but I have never actually read or seen where that is the case.

no matter what you can't beat getting a $1500 card for under $200