Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multi pass keep tool down bug ?

?Mark

Running MCX MR2.

Here is a correct toolpath for multipass (3 passes) with keep tool down unchecked

2.jpg

Here is the same toolpath but with keep tool down checked (I want it this way).

Notice that tool stays down after 1st pass and retracts after 2nd pass. wth headscratch.gif

011492b8.jpg

What gives ?

Mark

LOL.

I know how to work around it, but isn't what a negative stock is for ? wink.gif

It took me couple months to design and make few prototype parts. Now just going thru toolpaths, making sure they're efficient for production.

I remember doing it that way in MC9 without a problem.

Edit.

Just tried in MC9 with exact same parameters, and no problem there. headscratch.gif

It must be MCX... frown.gif

Mark

Thanks Roger.

Couple of weeks ago I sent in another issue I had a problem with and got no response.

I can't sent this part, but it can be easily repeated.

Just create 2" circle.

Use countour, climb (start from inside of a circle),use a .375" tool doing passes every .150", XY stock to leave is -.350 and use lead in/out with a line and a 90 deg circle...

everytime headscratch.gif

Hi Mark

"Couple of weeks ago I sent in another issue I had a problem with and got no response."

We have received four e-mails total from you over the past year and a half. One was yesterday and the other three were from August of last year. We typically respond to e-mails in the order in which they are received, so you can expect a response for the one you sent yesterday in a day or two. Thank-you.

My earlier comment might've came across the wrong way. I never doubted your commitement to a great service Chris or anyone at qc for that matter...

BTW who do I need to talk to make some suggestions for 2d toolpaths? There're some very easy to implement things that sure would come in handy.

cheers.gif

Regards, Mark