Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transfering operations

Reverend Turk

I have been working on a file for some time now and today I get a revision sent to me. I would like to transfer all my toolpaths from the old drawing to the new one but can't seem to figure out how. When I try to export the data everything is ok but when I try to import there are alot more operations than the 15 that I am trying to bring in. Any help would be great. Why can't I just copy and paste ops???? That would be the easiest but I guess you would have to associate it with geometry huh??

I just went and merged the tow drawings. That seemed to be the easiest.

As far as colors go...why does my drawing look like crap!!! It doesn't look anything like all the nice examples that I see on the website. It is hard to explain but most of the time it is green and when I roll the cursor over it it turns into this shattered glass type pattern with a white colcor mixed in with the green.

I would like to have a nice model to show the guys what the process will look like. Something that is more true to the actuall part!

Jason,

Could be that your model consistes of a solid and surfaces?

Try doing a screen stats and see what the results are.

If it is both surfs and solid, do an Alt-E and pick only solid, then see what that looks like.

Let us know.

One of the problems is that I have merged the drwings so now I have two solids and can't seem to get rid of the old one and keep the new. Everytime I try to Alt-E and pick a solid (because I have two where there should only be one)it picks the old drawing. It isn't that big of a deal but the students that I am doing this work for would like to see better graphics.

Obviously I am somewhat new to this and I am trying to log as much seat time as possible.

Thanks for everyones help

If I don't need the old, but want to keep the toolpaths, I just delete everything before I do the import. If I want to keep it, I change the levels to something that will not be used with the new imported geo, before I do the import.

HTH

Glenn

PS I do this alot with similar items. If you have a good process, you just need the new geo. Your tools, feeds, speeds and offsets are already set up. You can really fly thru parts by just selecting the geometry this way.