Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam on two computers-One HASP

RMagnusson

I could have sworn I read something about being able to run two windows of mastercam, each on a seperate computer, with one hasp.

I need to get the new guy going on MCX2, but I need to be programming at the same time.

Anyone know how to do this? I searched around for an hour or so, but I cant come up with the right search terms apparently.

You can also hook the hasp on an AB Switch, you can only be working on one computer at a time but you can have mastercam open on one computer switch the ab switch and work on second computer with mastercam still open on the first. You just can't do any Mastercam work on the first computer until you swap the AB Switch back. This way keeps you from having to move the hasp back and forth a lot.

This method works with V9 I would assume it will work with X also.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

USB times out QUICK. If you have a laptop and close the screen lid with Mastercam running then open it back up, you'll have to restart MC because it will think it was unplugged.

quote:

Could you run a server with the hasp in it and have multiple work stations?

Yep, but it is called netHasp, and you still have to have 2 seats to have 2 seats running at the same time. But there is a huge advantage in that you can have lots of computers with Mcam on them, but you can only have the number of seats you have on the netHasp open at any one time.

HTH

Glenn

I dont think that it means he wants to cheat. If you bring a new employee on to take over the work for you but you cant afford to stop working while your training him why should you have to buy anouther seat? Why not just call and find out if you can get a trial version that he can use but not post with. Then the shop can still make money while the new guy is getting trained. Software is not cheap and alot of shops cannot afford a second seat just to train on. My two cents.

Kodiak

You could try talking with your dealer and see if you can get the apprenticeship deal we offer students in school it’s under $200.00 or so.

This may or may be not an option.

If you can, its good for 14 months and can not post but can be saved and the setup can be set to the same config as your company.