Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Circle mill toolpaths

monty

Hi Guys,

idea.gif

Don't you think in CIRCLE toolpaths we should be putting the required feed at the cutting point and Mastercam should be calculating the feed at centre of cutter in nc output depending upon cutter and hole diameter as we are never cutting in a straight line.

---------------------------------------------

It seems like circle paths are the ones that have a constant angle(or percentage) of contact. If Mastercam was to calculate speed changes it would be the toolpaths that the angle of contact is constantly changing on like pocket and contour etc.

---------------------------------------------

Not only that but feed could be 50 times more then required if differene between cutter dia and hole dia is small and this is nothing to do with speed or angle of contact as they stay same once cutter has started cutting the diameter of hole.

It is not global. It only effects toolpaths created while it is checked. But, I'm not sure how slowing down the feedrate on outside corners of contours helps anyway. For circlemill it works, just make sure you have it checked if you regenerate at path that needs it (I lock these toolpaths personally).

I would love to see a "maintain chip load at edge of cutter" checkbox.

Edit:

something that was integrated with the machine def/highfeed filter that takes into consideration the cornering capabilities of each machine. Maybe part of the highfeed filter. Currently you need to calculate what you want the max feedrate to be, then the highfeed filter will slow it down when neccesary based on direction change (in finish mode). It would be nice if I could set the desired feedrate, and then it would increase/decrease based on my cornering capabilities as well as trying to maintain the chipload at the edge of cutter for both inside and outside corners.

JM2C

[ 01-11-2007, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Roger Peterson ]

Yes I tried Glenn, But insted of increasing the feed it reduced from 500mm/min to 128.1mm/min.

I am using a contour toolpath and I am milling a o-ring groove on a 20dia boss using 63mm convex slitting saw.

And another thing don't you think it should give us option for hole and boss.