Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool changer arm for okk

keith mc.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Prolly gonna be a chore to make the first one unless you have a B/P, but if you routinely break them it would be worth it to make your own.

"...rude us dollars..."

Could be worse, you could be paying in Yen then you're REALLY see how low Canadian Currency is valued. biggrin.giftongue.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Better idea, order one, reverse engineer it and return it. biggrin.gif Yeah you'll pay shipping and restocking but certainly less than the cost of the part.

Just an idea biggrin.gif

A few years back I was working at a shop with a OKK MCV 860. we broke the tool change arm right in the pocket for the tool, cracked clean off. We took it apart and clamped both pieces to an old cat50 holder. Then we welded it back together plus and extra chunk across the back for support. Worked good as new after that.

Not to stick up for Stork or anything, but I believe it is just a poor design. We have a Cat50 that was successfully welded like Doug said, and a few 40s that are still broken. I don't know the exact amount, but the arms are very pricey - to the extent that we have never justified it. Stork's workaround is a very good one.

I see how they are recouping some of the price drops that I have seen over the last few years.

Note to self make parts break and then gouge the he!! out of them for spares and will make more money in the long run. Managers stay happy because they see initial cost lower and they ignore employees and tell them to work around the problem. What the manager says, "We have a workaround? Then why do we need to fix it?" I love how business works.

We have made a bunch of new tool change arms from broken ones. Don't think I've made one for an OKK yet though. Usually just the one side is broken so we are able to reverse engineer from the good half and rotate it around. We make them out of a stronger material and we add material to the back where we can to strengthen them up. Haven't had a complaint yet!