Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5-AXIS

DavidB

David,

There is an advanced multi axis tutorial available in the documentation folder

The advanced multi axis tool paths are a new suite of available toolpaths, several with some very specific applications

In House Solutions 4 and 5 axis tutorial

Charles Davis's Mastercam Handbook series

Charles doesn't cover 5X yet, but I'm sure he's working on it.

The advanced 5X toolpaths are relativley new

I don't know of any books available from them

and I don't think the above linked books cover them.

The default install gives you a tutorial and a

bunch of sample files and can be found in the Documents folder. The advances 5X stuff is very powerfull and well worth learning if you're doing5X stuff.

• 4 months later...

Just to let everyone know that Vol 3 for X2 is finally finished and available for sale.

You can order by clicking on the Books link on emastercam, or go direct to the sales site:

http://www.volumesdirect.com/detail.aspx?ID=3024

I'm really proud of this book. Especially if you are new to 5-axis, it will save you.

http://www.thesolacegroup.com/SharedImages...er_05022007.bmp

[ 06-01-2007, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree with Ahlvik. They have given me cleaner toopathes with greater control. From what I have seen the learning curve is easier than with the old pathes.

I recommended to two to guys here wanting to learn 5X to pick a specific toolpath that will get them close to what they want. This narrows down the number of fields to fill in at first. IF they need to tweak it more they can then hit the advanced button and have full control. HTH

For me the dealer's training class was Key. If you try to follow the promts and teach yourself it can get confusing. The trainer (Phil) explained what each command was looking for and the best way to input it. He also filled us in on the "un-documented features" that where common in 5axs. It made 5 axis smooth sailing. Best $1500 I ever wote a PO for.

BTW, I am not saying books could not do the same, just how I did it.