Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cnc operators

big t

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a guy come up to me and say that something is wrong. He had to keep changing the insert on tool 5. I looked him told him that tool 5 was not being used in that job. Now that is what is call a operator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see him everyday headscratch.gif

Location makes a big difference

and usually

1/Mill Guys will make more than Lathe Guys

2/Hoz.Guys will make more than Ver.Guys

3/Big machine will makes more than Small machine

4/Smart Guys will make more than ***** Guys (this one may not alway true banghead.gif )

If you are around my area

12-15 Just push button

15-20 be able follow Program instruction

20+ some editing, small program

and there is No limit if you are on top of your game.

Nice weekend cheers.gif

I hate those salary calculators. They always show me that I'm at the low tenth percentile. Plus, can't find work here for anything, and soon it's going to be harder, Visteon plant closing, Borg Warner plant closing, Cummins laying off even with them tooling up for the new deisels, and that just the past six months. I blame the UAW for most of it, where someone can sweep floors for $20 an hour.

• 8 months later...

"Washington state pays well- $25~35+/hr horz. mill with experience. Anybody want to relocate up here?"

"I pay $15 for operators. $20 to $35 for setup guys. Looking for quality people. Need a programmer too.

Profit sharing, medical and a signing bonus.

Nobody wants to play...."

dang guys, send me the stock and ill return finished parts for slightly over that upper dollar..

doug

quote:

Washington state pays well- $25~35+/hr horz. mill with experience. Anybody want to relocate up here?

Just been talking with my wife about this.

quote:

I pay $15 for operators. $20 to $35 for setup guys. Looking for quality people. Need a programmer too.

Profit sharing, medical and a signing bonus.

Nobody wants to play....

I wanna play if ya wanna pay. biggrin.gif

Seriously tho, your pay scales up there are starting to look very nice. smile.gif